i recently got a new verizon account that my uncle had set up for me, so everything's under his name. at this time, i'm greatful for that, but i was wondering that at a later time, is it possible to switch out his name and have the account under mine? just curious as to how this would work. i would hate to open an account under my name and lose my number or phone. thanks!
    07-17-08 08:24 PM
    They will run your credit and treat it like a new account, to my knowledge. He can always add you as an authorized user, however...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 08:26 PM
    Yes you can it would be called a Transfer of Service. They will need to run a credit check with your information. If everything checks out than they will transfer your number into your name. Other not both paries will have to be present in the store at the same time.

07-17-08 08:27 PM
    okie dokie! thanks so much guys!

jenay- what does authorized user mean? that's probably a given answer, but just to make sure...
    07-17-08 08:45 PM
    Authorized user just means you can call/go into a store and make changes to the account without him being there.

Also just so you know if you do a transfer of liability it will start a new contract under your name. Weigh your options and see if it's worth being locked in even longer.
    07-17-08 09:22 PM
    I agree. If it were me, I would just be added as an AU on the acct.

07-17-08 09:23 PM
    Actually with VZW it is call an assumption of Liablilty (AOL). You do not have to go to a store and do this. THe account owner can call CS and have the account noted that the AOL is authorized. Then the new onwer can call in and get this done.

YES! they will run the credit check.
    07-17-08 09:28 PM
    thanks everyone for clarifying this up for me. i think for now i'll just have him put me in as an authorized user. thanks!
    07-17-08 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD