has anyone here switched to vzw blackberry from another carrier? why so? i feel like vzw gets a bad wrap all the time but ive always had it and loved the coverage
    07-23-09 08:00 PM
    What are you asking? Has anyone come from another carrier to Verizon?
    07-23-09 11:04 PM
    Yes, I came from Sprint/Nextel - had the 8350i with Nextel - HORRIBLE service. Texts delayed for hours, dropped calls, etc. Had been with them for 6 years but when Sprint took over Nextel - service went downhill fast. Came over to Verizon 2 months ago - have not had one problem. Have not had to call CS at ALL. Best move I ever made. Sure, it costs me a little more monthly but to me, it's well worth it. I hope that's what you were looking for.
    07-24-09 05:31 AM
    Switched to Verizon 4 years ago from Alltel. Used to not get calls in my house, dropped calls all the time. Never had a problem with Verizon until they took over Alltel. Now I'm getting dropped calls a lot, dead spots that were never there before, and not getting calls inside my house again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 06:06 AM
    Thanks for the info. I switched to att from verizon a couple of years ago for the curve. I had a dumb phone on verizon and they seemed to have it locked down. I could not get my pictures off of sd card without paying them something. I was just wandering if it is the same deal with blackberries? I am not complaining, just asking. Thsnks

07-24-09 08:33 AM
    Yes, I came from Sprint/Nextel - had the 8350i with Nextel - HORRIBLE service. Texts delayed for hours, dropped calls, etc. Had been with them for 6 years but when Sprint took over Nextel - service went downhill fast. Came over to Verizon 2 months ago - have not had one problem. Have not had to call CS at ALL. Best move I ever made. Sure, it costs me a little more monthly but to me, it's well worth it. I hope that's what you were looking for.
    ha thanks cookie, it was helpful i dont have the best ways with words sometimes when it comes to asking whats rolling around in my brain but yeah answered it 100% thanks
    07-24-09 08:40 AM
    Thanks for the info. I switched to att from verizon a couple of years ago for the curve. I had a dumb phone on verizon and they seemed to have it locked down. I could not get my pictures off of sd card without paying them something. I was just wandering if it is the same deal with blackberries? I am not complaining, just asking. Thsnks

I don't know if they can "lock down" any phone... if your phone has an sd card why the **** would they charge you to get pictures off of it?
    07-24-09 08:40 AM

NOt sure wherer you got info, but pictures on an SD card can always be gotten. Dumbphone or BB. On a dumbphone, remove the card and use a card reader in your computer. For a BB - hookit and use mass storage mode.
    07-24-09 08:44 AM

The dumbphone lockdowns were not lockdowns. They were software and hardware incompatibilities. All it took was a data cable and the proper software that allowed your computer to recognize the file structure of the phone. VZW offered both and even more powerful apps were available elsewhere that even allowed you to reconfigure the phone itself. People didn't want to get the software or cable and blamed VZW for not providing a free solution.

There is no such problem with BB, since the power cord doubles as a data cable and DM is included. Other smartphones are even simpler since they don't require special software to talk to your computer.

07-24-09 08:48 AM
    I switched from Verizon to Sprint in Feb 09, I kept dropping calls in my area and i'm in Philly! ever since i switched to Sprint i've only dropped 2 calls, and I think Sprint's data speed is faster. I guess it really depends on where you're at but everywhere i've been with Sprint i've had great service can't say the same for Verizon, Verizon also nickels and dimes you for everything they lock down their phones so you have to pay for their applications on a monthly basis, I mean come on Verizon still doesn't even offer an early night and weekend deal, Sprint's had nights starting at 7PM for most plans for years, even AT&T has rollover and at least offers and early night option. I pay 100 bucks a month and i get unlimited everything, Sprint gives you way more bang for your buck than anybody else.
    07-24-09 08:53 AM
    I appreciate the info. I was not really into phone's and mobile software like I am now. I had a lg vx 8300 (I think). All I used it for was to make calls. I did not really play with the data on my sd card. I used an ipod mostly for music.

07-24-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD