I'm sure I already know the amswer I'll be given, but what the heck

My husband and I both get corp discounts through work. Initially when we went into the vzw store to ask about adding me to his plan vs me setting up my own line (was on cingular at the time). They said that his discount was bigger, so we went ahead and just added me. No biggie.

Well last week I found out that my discount is bigger (20 vs 17%). I know things like this can change periodically, which I'm hoping was the case,rather than just being given incorrect information. Not much difference I know, but I'm curious as to whether we could switch it to mine.

annnd, let's say I decided to start a new account under mine, are early cancellations pro-rated? Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 10:54 PM
    Just apply for the discount - it would override the other one.

However, I believe the employee name & the account name have to match. I may be wrong, but that's what I understand.

As for the discounts changing, it does happen. Sometimes the discount is tied to the number of lines your employer has with VZW. If they added some, the discount may have gone up - or new account negotiations might have changed it.

ETFs are prorated - but you will lose your number, may be required to pay activation fees & more. Not worth it for three points.
    09-26-09 11:00 PM
    That's pretty much what I thought my main reason for asking was that he's eligible for upgrade now, and I'm not...typical that I'm going to want a new phone if he's getting one! So the thought process was to cancel one of the lines early, seperate and then go from there. I'm just itching for a new toy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 11:22 PM
    Yea, you can switch the account to your name(under your SSN) and your discount can be applied. There is no penalty to do that.
    09-27-09 11:57 AM
    Yea, you can switch the account to your name(under your SSN) and your discount can be applied. There is no penalty to do that.
    this is right, as long as the numbers stay active thats all that vzw cares about. Assumption of liability, into your ssn, add the discount.
    09-27-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD