So my phone is up and looking at a blackberry but my line is on a shared plan so im the 9.99 line. Trying to price via web/phone/store the best price and it seems the only way (cheapest way) is to open a new account but then i would lose my current #. Seems they wont take the shared line and flip to a new account which would give me primary discount.

Anyone have suggestions how to get this cheapest when the phone is not a primary line?

Thanks Kevin
    12-15-07 10:26 AM
    I'm not sure what you are trying to price? my husbands phone is the second line (9.99) and I just added the 29.99 data plan to his account.
    12-15-07 10:37 AM
    yea then i keep the phone # but do not get the nicediscount on the phone. see if the line was the primary you get like an extra $100 off. oh well.
    12-15-07 01:29 PM
    If you are on a family share plan you can have the primary line do an assumption of liability on your line. When they do this you can take your number and go onto your own account.
    12-15-07 06:37 PM
    what does that mean.. can you explain more and how i could exactly do this? kevin
    12-15-07 07:59 PM
    Just did a assumption of liability, the only thing if your plan is not up you keep the same renewal date. I called customer service and went to corp store they told me i could not get a new phone (had a lg wanted a en-v) anyway after three different calls, Finally talked to a agent who was willing to allow me to change the date on the plan keep my number and sign up for a new two year plan. Also after i did that I switched to the pearl than the 8830 long story, but now have the 8830 and loving it.... The only thing I could not get the renewal price for the phone paid the new two year price of 250.00 after rebate.

Now i get my own bill at my new address with bes on the BB probably switching to bis still not sure because with tethering service the total is still the same, just got to decide if I'll actually use tethering
    12-16-07 03:01 AM
    what does that mean.. can you explain more and how i could exactly do this? kevin
    You have whomever is the primary on the account call into VZW and tell them they want to release liability on your number to you. Next you call and tell them you are assuming liability on your number. They will process it, run a credit check and all that. Unless your line is eligible for an upgrade or something, I don't see how you are going to get the discount though.

If you are really hard up to get the discount, I would think you will need to start a new account with a new number. If you wanted to, you could still do the assumption of liability and transfer your old number to your account, transfer the phones and have the phone you want on the line you want. It is doable, but it will take some time to get it done.
    06-03-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD