I've had my storm for Verizon since late November. I was wondering If its possible to trade my storm in for maybe a bold. I know I will probably have to fight and argue with Verizon. But did anybody else try something similar? And what was the outcome?

Sorry if someone else already posted the same thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 12:24 PM

Sorry if someone else already posted the same thing

The thing that makes me laugh the most is that it is acknowledged that the OP is being lazy and not searching with an advance apology. lol

Anywho.... No such thing as a Verizon Bold. Phones are subsidized. You paid 200 dollars for a 500 dollar phone, you are not going to be able to "upgrade" to a different phone until you have completed at least 20 months of service (or 12 months depending on your price plan)

One thing that many people(on here) do is sell their current phone and pay the full retail price for the one that you want. Right now we (vzw) have the Curve 8330, the WE 8830, Pearl and Storm in our line-up. Its rumored we are getting a new BB in the very near future(niagra) If you want i can check on the status of your account to see if you are eligible for anything now or soon as i am a corporate Verizon rep. PM me if you would like further advice.
    05-03-09 12:29 PM
    No way to do a trade...wish phones were like cars BUT if you have had your phone for 12 mths you can do an early upgrade...as always, some poor sould will buy your blackberry then you can always have $$$ to put with it even at retail price
    05-03-09 12:30 PM
    Craigs list
    05-03-09 12:32 PM
    there is no verizon bold. the closest thing is the soon-to-be released niagara/tour. but that's not likely to come out for a few months.

and unless you paid full price for the storm, you can't upgrade with a promotional price - you'll have to pay to for the new one at full price.
    05-03-09 01:39 PM
    thats not true i did it twice i got a brand new treo for $45 because the other one was messed up you have to have mouth piece be able to argue your point and they don't want to lose a customer so they will listen but its up to you to convince them you will have to pay the taxes on it but you can't get a bold verizon doesn't carry that phone.
    05-03-09 03:02 PM
    I doubt you got a new phone for $45 unless you got the SAME phone under a multi-exchange type policy. I do not think they allowed you to upgrade more than 60 days early.
    05-03-09 03:34 PM
    Sometimes you can get a comparable model if you have 3 trade ins within a month. Its completely up to the store manager.

05-03-09 05:15 PM
    thats not true i did it twice i got a brand new treo for $45 because the other one was messed up you have to have mouth piece be able to argue your point and they don't want to lose a customer so they will listen but its up to you to convince them you will have to pay the taxes on it but you can't get a bold verizon doesn't carry that phone.
    There is a 50 dollar "refurb" fee that can populate. Was it a centro and do you have a corporate discount on your account? I know at one point the centro was 49.99 under the highest tiered discount, perhaps you renewed? Other than that, 45 is a odd number to throw out there.
    05-03-09 06:15 PM
    He got the $5 B.S. CLNR discount.
    05-04-09 09:49 AM
    I was able to switch a storm for a curve with no problem. I had the storm for about 4 months. That's sad when verizon knows that the storm sucks. The curve is amazing.

05-04-09 03:48 PM
    I was able to switch a storm for a curve with no problem. I had the storm for about 4 months. That's sad when verizon knows that the storm sucks. The curve is amazing.

No, you cant do that "with no problem 4 months after getting it" You have a 8900 curve with Verizon? No such thing.
    05-04-09 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD