I have a question regarding switching phones to put on different numbers..I will be getting a Droid but under my fathers upgrade...he doesn't want a new phone or anything fancy just his cheap old flip phone...I talked with verizon about moving his upgrade up a few weeks early and they only did it because i said his phone wasn't working properly...So when I go to the store they will put his number on the droid...

I don't want to ask them to do an alternate upgrade in store because I told them them my fathers phone wasn't working in order to get the early upgrade...I don't see why it was a big deal in the first place as my upgrade date is the end of december..Could I just do the number swap online when I get home and put my dads number back on his old phone? Can I do all this the day of and still get the rebate? Does it cost anything for them to do an "alternate upgrade" in store? Thanks!
    Last edited by rangers30; 11-05-09 at 02:34 PM.
    11-05-09 02:03 PM
    Go ahead and do it on line. As long as its a Verizon phone you can associate it with your number. One exception -- blackberries have to be activated on a line with a data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by scmosher; 11-05-09 at 02:48 PM.
    11-05-09 02:40 PM
    Could the swap be done online the day I get the droid and still get rebates and everything?
    11-05-09 05:41 PM
    Yes.
    It must first be active on his line.
    Once that is done. You can move the phone to the other line.

It's not a big deal.
    I did it with a BOGO on a BB Storm.
    Added a new line for my daughter and immediately moved the Storm over to my wife's existing number the put my wife's old phone on my new account.
    11-05-09 05:55 PM
    There is no ESN number listed on my fathers phone... all that is under the battery is MEID, S/N, and FCC ID...What do I put in on the website to swap it back?
    11-05-09 07:12 PM
    THE MEID will work just the same as a ESN
    11-05-09 07:16 PM
    Nice thanks..
    11-05-09 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD