I looked around and cant really find an exact answer. I have the BB curve 8330 and not too long ago we purchased the BB storm 9530 for my wife (her first BB).
    She is by no means a bb power user and her phone tech level would be rated just under noob. Anyways, she hates her storm and would like to trade her storm with me for my curve and i think that we could try this.
    My question is how do we swap our phones data with each other and not lose anything? I know how to swap info from one curve to another using the DM but I dont know how to put my data on hers and vice versa without losing anything. Both phones have been backed up on the computer but i'm afraid to start the process fearing that i'll lose one of the phones data.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    06-06-09 10:37 AM
    You have backup's made already so, I would wipe both devices then, one at a time, plug in say the storm and restore the curves backup onto it. Load the storms backup onto the curve and Berry's have been swapped You shouldn't lose any info. You'll probably need to contact Verizon to get the numbers switched though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-09 10:54 AM
    ok thanks.that is what the plan was but wasnt sure the backups for either device were compatible with the device. meaning i wasnt sure that the storm would read the curves backup file and vice versa. but if nothing else they are backed up and can be restored. thanks for the help
    06-06-09 11:19 AM
    Through your online account you can can do ESN/meid swaps to get the phone numbers changed or call VZW. YOu will need to *228 opt 1 and register now after this number swap. Also you will need to go into the BIS and do a change for each device. This will get the email delivered to right device.

Again, if this all seems confusing, call VZW tech and they will assitist to assure all is good for you 800-922-0204 - Do not call from either device. Also remember to remove the batteries form both devices when changing the ESN/MEID numbers.

WHen you do the backups and restores you need to make sure you select the right data file for each device. This should not be a problem. Save them in different folders on the computer.
    06-06-09 11:22 AM
    I've swiched backups between Bold/Curve/Pearl with no info loss let us know how it goes for ya!

06-06-09 12:02 PM
    You don't want to go from the curve to the storm. You can type on the curve.

06-06-09 12:22 PM
    Yea sounds like she may be getting the better end of the deal

forkup
    06-06-09 05:17 PM
    we are switched and ready to go. i know she is getting the better deal but i failed to mention that this is only temporary. i did a good deed today and made her happy but when the release of the BB Tour on verizon happens, i will be the happy one. sneaky,sneaky. thanks again
    06-06-09 05:31 PM
    Haha. Sneaky sneaky indeed! Lol

06-06-09 05:34 PM
    got the tour yesterday and my little wheeling and dealing worked out great for me.
    07-13-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD