So I got my Curve on September 5th. I love it, don't get me wrong. Lately I have been seeing all the info about the Storm and I started thinking, I WANT ONE !!!! However, I don't want to have the to wait 2 years to upgrade to the Storm. So I called Verizon and asked if I could return my Curve and activate an old phone until the Storm comes out (and get the 2 year contract price) ? To my surprise, they said NO PROBLEM !!! I thought for sure they would tell me no. So I can safely say I will have a Storm as soon as they hit the stores. YAY !

Now I just have to deal with the withdrawl symptoms...
    10-01-08 10:08 AM
    yup. you always get 30 days to decide with VZW. New, add or upgrade.
    10-01-08 10:11 AM
    Yup, no surprise here. Just another reason why, despite a few issues, I love Verizon.
    10-01-08 10:12 AM
    Vzw is awesome!!!!!! Anybody who says otherwise just don't know anybetter. As far as the storm is conserned, can't wait!!! And for the official release of 4.5 for my 8830, so I can get down on some youtube while I'm supposed to be working.
    10-01-08 03:12 PM
    Vzw is awesome!!!!!! Anybody who says otherwise just don't know anybetter. As far as the storm is conserned, can't wait!!! And for the official release of 4.5 for my 8830, so I can get down on some youtube while I'm supposed to be working.
    i am looking forward to the 4.5 update as well.

i couldn't handle a storm because i'm a freak about fingerprints!

you can't get down on some youtube now? i am running 4.3 on my 8330 and i can view youtube fine (small, but fine).
    10-01-08 03:16 PM
    I can't wait till my contract with att is up......because then I'm switching to verizon.
    10-01-08 04:32 PM
    You never have to really wait if you have to have a new phone with Verizon. They are always happy to let you add a new number for $15/month. You can then put your old number on the new phone. I did that to get the 8830.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 04:57 PM
    I can't wait till my contract with att is up......because then I'm switching to verizon.
    Ditto. My contract expires the 30th, just in time for an agonizing decision between the Storm and the Curve. Is a touchscreen acceptable if it means an iPhone-quality browser and Rev A? I can't decide! After all, the whole reason I decided to get a BB (this will be my first) was because I wanted a qwerty keyboard!
    10-01-08 07:57 PM
    Yup, no surprise here. Just another reason why, despite a few issues, I love Verizon.
    So, Jenay, you are back to loving VZW. I am so confused.

Strhessed, I am glad you have a chance to get the Storm. Withdrawal from your BB until it comes won't be that bad. I hope.
    10-01-08 08:02 PM
    Withdrawl from a BB is kinda like withdrawl from an iPhone. Oh wait, no it's not. The BB is all substance and some flash; the iPhone is all flash and some substance.
    When I went BB -- iPhone, there were a lot of things I missed; this community being one of them. Now that I'm back iPhone -- BB, I'm remembering all the stuff I love about these devices.
    Go figure.

10-01-08 08:16 PM
    --dumping the dubble posstt----

Last edited by eakeller; 10-01-08 at 08:30 PM.
    10-01-08 08:18 PM
    ^^^
    So nice, they had to say it twice. lol.
    10-01-08 08:22 PM
    ^^^
    So nice, they had to say it twice. lol.
    LOL mercy
    10-01-08 08:27 PM
    The iPhone is a good device, it's just 95% different than a berry. the things that make the berry unique and worthy of the title CrackBerry are very different than the things that make the iPhone addictive. For the iPhone it's a fantastic webexperience, for the Crak it's a fantastic communications experience.
    I do miss silent typing on the iFone, but oh well. I'll survive with little clicks. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like the clicks, it's that it's disruptive in meeting rooms and in bed.

10-01-08 08:28 PM
    Sorry sorry for the double post. my crackberry decided to render the page all funky so I couldn't tell if it had been posted.
    Heh. Heh. Sorry. Sorry.

10-01-08 08:29 PM
    Sorry sorry for the double post. my crackberry decided to render the page all funky so I couldn't tell if it had been posted.
    Heh. Heh. Sorry. Sorry.

No worries.
    10-01-08 08:31 PM
    I have to agree. Verizon is one of the best services I have ever owned! Here is what I did to get my Curve.

I had the LG dare, after the 30 day mark. Called up and added a line for 10$ and then got the curve for 100$. I then got the curve, put my old number on the curve and shut off the extra line. They then told me about the 175 early termination fee. I was still happier then trying to buy the curve for almost 500 I saved money. Then, to my extent.......The curve came. My next bill finally came and guess what? No 175$ fee! WOOOOO, I guess cause I shut the line off before I actually activated it Smart thinking. Then I sold the dare for 250 which is about what I paid for it and still made out good Gotta love verizon. You can always change your plan whenever. Did I mention the best service? Or so, Americas most realible network? Never had a problem

EDIT: Also for you other verizon guys and gals.....they havent officially released OS 4.5 yet. But, Celler South which is a CDMA company did and you can download it for your Verizon Curve. Just delete the vender.xml file and the specific instructions are in the Curve forum on how to do it. There is always a chance with something happeneing but a majority of the time everything goes through smoothly. IF you have any problems, there are really smart people on here always willing to help. And I have 4.5.0.77 running SMOOTH on my Verizon Curve 8330 without any problems. Its been working like a charm now for almost a month

Nick
    Last edited by Terrigno; 10-01-08 at 09:04 PM.
    10-01-08 09:02 PM
    another thumbs up for Verizon.

I'm sure EVERY carrier (even Verizon) has SOME coverage problems SOMEWHERE, but I think you'll find fewer complaints about VZ coverage than any others - though I have never experienced any
    10-01-08 10:01 PM
    I don't see how they can say no being you are within 30 days or is it 14 days with returns?

Glad you could return it regardless of the return policy.
    10-01-08 10:45 PM
    Chances are I'll be looking into doing a similar thing, Strhessed-
    I just just picked up a Curve from the Verizon store Sept 27th, so IF (and it's a big "if") the Storm makes it to market within my 30-day trial period, I'm going to have to check it out!

It looks & sounds like a really super device, the Storm - but I will be wanting to read a review or two and give it a "hands-on" before deciding on whether or not to ditch the Curve for it.
    It's that touchscreen. So far there's only one smartphone device I know of with a touchscreen that has been engineered, designed, tweeked & poured-over enough to be considered a "great" user-interface, and that's the iPhone.

Not that RIM can't do it - but it's GOT to be miles better than the other 90% of the iPhone knockoffs out there, to be a user-interface worthy of a BlackBerry. If I can't quickly & accurately enter & gather information on the Storm with the touchscreen, really then, what's the point?
    So I'm playing this one with a little caution - but man, oh man - if this thing does indeed prove to be fast and wonderful, I'm so getting one.
    10-02-08 08:49 AM
    If anyone can pull it off, it's RIM. The main strength of the iPhone (besides the web browser) is the interface. And RIM has an amazing UI. As long as the touchscreen itself is good, the Storm should be miles ahead of even the iPhone in all respects minus ease of use. The iPhone is *****-proof and "intuitive" but the Storm will have a comparable webkit browser, cut-and-paste, the blackberry context menu, better keyboards, better email, better 3G (in New York, it's nearly impossible to get an AT&T 3G signal; Verizon EVDO has much better coverage), better resolution, and the list goes on.
    10-03-08 03:27 PM
    Verizon is pretty good.. if you forget about the fact that they cripple GPS and require $10/month to uncripple it. That's the one thing that would have sent me to Sprint if I didn't have a work issued phone.
    10-03-08 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD