I've been eyeing the Droid/Eris BOGO offer, but my Curve is not eligible for upgrade until Oct.

I got to play with a Droid yesterday, and was telling my wife about it. She called Verizon to see if we could upgrade hers (basic Motorola flip not under contract), and get the 2 phones without any penalty because of the Curve, and then swap the lines so I get the Droid.

The rep was going over plans and whatnot, talked to a super, then changed my eligibility date to yesterday, AND gave a $50 credit toward the hardware purchase.

I don't know if this is standard practice or not, but I was very surprised. Thanks, Verizon. Now, I just need to come up with $150 before the BOGO offer expires.
    01-15-10 08:50 AM
    Definitely not standard practice, but it sounds like you went about it the right way.

I worked in a call center for a cable company. The thing I always would tell people is the easies way to get things done, is to not only be nice and open-minded, but always know what you want, and tell me why it is worth it to the company to take a loss from it(im a good customer, and i pay my bill on time are not good enough reasons, because those are things that are supposed to happen.)

It sounds like your wife knew what she wanted, and that makes all the difference in the world, also she hopefully explainhed how she was willing to sign a contract, at 30 bucks extra per month, and that is always something vzw is going to want to have.

Once again, congrats, good job going about it the right way
    01-15-10 09:13 AM
    I've been eyeing the Droid/Eris BOGO offer, but my Curve is not eligible for upgrade until Oct.

I got to play with a Droid yesterday, and was telling my wife about it. She called Verizon to see if we could upgrade hers (basic Motorola flip not under contract), and get the 2 phones without any penalty because of the Curve, and then swap the lines so I get the Droid.

The rep was going over plans and whatnot, talked to a super, then changed my eligibility date to yesterday, AND gave a $50 credit toward the hardware purchase.

I don't know if this is standard practice or not, but I was very surprised. Thanks, Verizon. Now, I just need to come up with $150 before the BOGO offer expires.
    Did you have an Alltel plan and switch to a VZW plan?
    01-15-10 11:28 AM
    Yes, had an Alltel plan and found out that was what the $50 credit was for. Do they do the date change for previous Alltel customers too?
    01-15-10 04:54 PM
    Yes, had an Alltel plan and found out that was what the $50 credit was for. Do they do the date change for previous Alltel customers too?
    Yeah, that's true. It's the incentive to get you over to VZW plans.
    01-15-10 09:16 PM
    Alltel plans qualify for the ne2 credit. They would change plan features internally but its the same plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 09:55 PM
    Alltel customers Monday will be able to upgrade their line to VZW equipment if they switch to a new unlimited plan. No matter if you are eligible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 09:58 PM
    Ya I heard the droid is the new hot thing
    01-15-10 10:02 PM
    If you have a good credit standing with Vzw or had with Alltel and now with
    Big Red you can charge the 150 on your account and not have to worry about it till the bill is sent to you
    01-16-10 02:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD