I find that I make a billion more typos on my Curve than with my Pearl. I liked that SureType would auto-suggest the word for me and just keep going. I also liked that the Pearl auto-added words to my Custom Wordlist and would remember them the next time I typed them. Actually, that alone would be good enough for me. But manually entering words into the Custom Wordlist is tedious. How about a way to run SpellCheck on an email, but have it remember the custom words?
    05-31-08 09:39 PM
    Turning spell check on should solve the misspelling problem. Custom words well, that's something I don't have a suggestion for.
    05-31-08 10:48 PM
    I've found the same thing.. I thought typing on the curve would be much easier, but so far (only one day, so this may change), I am making a lot more errors with this curve.

I find that even though there is a full keyboard, the spacing of the keys and size of the keypad make it more difficult for me to type easily. The keys on the pearl seamed to be bigger (wider), and were more closely grouped, so I typed without having to focus as much on the actual keys I was hitting... with this curve I have to give the keyboard 100 percent of my attention when typing.

Have any other former pearl owners found this to be the case - and did you get used to the curve with time?
    06-01-08 05:21 AM
    You can words to the dictionary. Hope it helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 04:47 PM
    ive heard the same thing from other people as well. Saying they can type faster on their old pearl, vs their new curve.
    06-02-08 02:15 PM
    I have had full keyboards on my phone for years, and as much as I am still getting used to the curve keyboard vs Treo, I find that I can type nearly as quick as a full size keyboard (and I do type fast!)

I thinks it's just a case of what you are used to! If you've had a pearl before a curve, then naturally you will find the Pearl easier using suretype. I personally found it to be awkward for the few weeks I trialled it.

Everyone to their own...!
    06-02-08 04:13 PM
    Just like anything else, if you take the time to learn the tool with which you are working with, you'll become efficient. Don't go blaming your tool because of your shortcomings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 03:11 AM
    Hmmm I went from an enV to the Pearl and want to get the Curve but if it's not that great of a layout it might not be worth it... HMMMMMMMMM
    06-03-08 03:22 AM
    Just got a Curve after having a Pearl. I love the phone but miss the suretype technology. I think 'suretype' is worth having on the curve even with the full qwerty keyboard. Maybe Blackberry will take the hint and offer it on the Curve. It's a great time saver and sure makes spelling some long words a lot easier!
    12-13-08 04:30 PM
    The Curve has what is called SmartCase. With smart case you can create AutoText for words you mispell or turn abbreviations into full words or phrases. For instance, if you find yourself typing "thr" for the word "the", you can create an AutoText that will change it to the correct spelling on the fly. I also find it useful for entering things I type quite often, such as my cell number, Email address, home address, etc.

Here's an example for an autotext address:
    Replace: myadd (short for my address)
    With: 123 Street, City, State, Zip Code

So if ever have to enter my address. I just simly type "myadd" and the space bar, and it's replaced with my full address.

You can create as many as you wish.

To go there:
    Options > AutoText > Menu Key > New
    12-13-08 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD