I had a secound level supervisor show up at our shop I saw he had a bb I said hey what do you think about yer bb he said I hate it and walked away.... After we had our meeting I went back up to him and said what do you mean you hate yer bb. He said I do he said people can always reach me no matter what ..... Lol
    So I guess if don't ever want to be contacted don't get a bb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 09:39 AM
    I just stepped down from a nursing supervisor position and after removing myself from about 20 email groups I love my bb again. I still have a pager though! Ugh.
    I had a secound level supervisor show up at our shop I saw he had a bb I said hey what do you think about yer bb he said I hate it and walked away.... After we had our meeting I went back up to him and said what do you mean you hate yer bb. He said I do he said people can always reach me no matter what ..... Lol
    So I guess if don't ever want to be contacted don't get a bb

08-29-08 09:42 AM
    Isn't that the case with any phone though?? We can always be reached.
    08-29-08 09:44 AM
    When not at work you can elect to not answer the phone, Just because it rings doesn't mean you have to answer it. People need to learn this, unless you are getting paid to be "on call". If I am off and not on call, any number associated with work go to my voicemail.
    08-29-08 10:36 AM
    Yeah I can see that. Right now my new managers are addicts, so that's cool.
    08-29-08 10:39 AM
    I had one of the original BBs then my company made me move to a Win mobil. I had two different phones and both were pieces of junk, locked up all the time, missed phone calls and voice messages, I hated both every day I carried them. Well, our IS department finally put in a BB server and the moment they did, I put in my order for the BB curve. I have had it for two months now and it hasn't locked up once. Matter of fact, I have only manually turned it off twice. E-mail arrives on the phone as fast or faster than in my inbox in Outlook.

Crack on!

Rick
    08-29-08 10:56 AM
    Well, I hardly ever answer my bb. I absolutely hate talking on the phone, which is why I got a bb. I respond to email and texts pretty quickly though, depending on how important they are.

08-29-08 11:13 AM
    I can completly understand the frusteration with being able to be reached 24/7. The company I work for pays me to be on call 24/7 and with the bb they have every possible way to get a hold of me, email, phone, sms, bbm. It can get tiring, but o well..

08-29-08 12:54 PM
    I moved from a first gen Motorola Q, to a Curve 8330. I have rediscovered what it is like to have a moble phone that actually works right. I love my Curve. I will never go back to any mobile Motorola product.
    09-04-08 04:01 PM
    I moved from a first gen Motorola Q, to a Curve 8330. I have rediscovered what it is like to have a moble phone that actually works right. I love my Curve. I will never go back to any mobile Motorola product.

I've just made the same exact upgrade and feel the exact same way! I was a die-hard Motorola fan since the days of the StarTac. I should have learned my lesson since my experience with the last Motorola flip phone before the Razr. The name escapes me at the moment. That phone stunk and I decided to go with a Treo650. It wasn't a bad phone, but when I saw how slim the Q was I figured I'd give motorola another chance. Never again!!! Lol Blackberry Rocks!!

09-05-08 09:33 AM
    Sounds just like someone hated their job and is a little grumpy, Give him a TREO he will really hate life!

lol
    09-05-08 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD