I am a Verizon Wireless customer. I am interested in upgrading to a Verizon Blackberry Curve or Storm.

Sorry, if this has been asked but...

As Sirius and XM subscriber and talk radio fan, at times I would like to stream audio. Not all day but when my radios are out of range.

I have been told I can't stream with Verizon.

Is that true? WOuld I be able to log on through a browser and log on to my XM radio online acount? Can I stream something like AOL radio?

The Storm ads claim you stream media.

Please help me out before I buy my blackberry.
    11-29-08 08:14 AM
    I use the XM app I downloaded here at CB and it works fine. As for the Storm it does stream Rhapsody thru Verizon
    11-29-08 11:12 AM
    m.moodio.fm is what I use.
    11-29-08 03:30 PM
    try flycast, it's not to bad
    12-05-08 10:32 PM
    m.moodio.fm works great on the storm.
    12-05-08 11:30 PM
    You cannot log into your Sirius XM account on a BlackBerry. There is a mobile XM app but it cost 8.99 i believe and gives you limited stations.

There is a work around using orb which allows one to have Sirius XM stream to their BlackBerry vis their PC. You need to have the orb app running on the PC to do this.

i'm also waiting for a native app so i can listen to Sirius (XM). Hopefully soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 06:42 AM
    Read some of these threads for insight:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...cluded-101140/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sir...rve-yes-48252/

XM Radio Mobile on BlackBerry

Last edited by chrisy520; 12-06-08 at 06:54 AM.
    12-06-08 06:44 AM
    m.moodio.fm works great on the storm.
    I dont see how... there's absolutely no way to click the "log on" box on their stupid mobile website. Try it ! "Cursor mode" doesn't work.
    02-13-09 05:07 PM
    I've been looking for a way to stream an AM station from my phone. They do have a listen online but I can not figure out how to use it on my Pearl. I've been dying to get WFAN on my phone.
    02-13-09 09:57 PM
    Go with Slacker - great app and its free!
    02-14-09 01:29 AM
    I use orb and uSirius to stream my Sirius account on my BlackBerry.

02-14-09 01:48 AM
    you wont have to worry about streaming xm or sirius radio before long.....they wont exist
    02-14-09 08:24 AM
    best way i have found is go to Welcome to Moodio! | Moodio and set up a free account and choose some station (they have a huge selection and alot of local stations) then go to the website via your mobile browser and log in, it will then show your subscribed station and you simply click on them to listen. works great and is free
    02-14-09 08:27 AM
    I have a Slacker question... now that i've downloaded it to my phone it works great BUT..now my regular video player has stopped working( like for youtube and stuff) is there any way to fix it so I can use both???? I dont wanna delete Slacker if i dont have to
    02-14-09 08:29 AM
    I use ORB to listen to howard stern all the time. I have a computer at home thats always on anyway so I downloaded ORB and another sirius app. Works great. With ORB you can also access your itunes library and all the photos on the host computer
    02-14-09 12:07 PM
    I use slacker and it seems to work with no problem at all
    it even gives the artist bio and all and you can cache your list if you like
    02-14-09 02:17 PM
    Another nod here for slacker. I use it pretty often without it giving me any problems or messing up other things.
    02-15-09 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD