I am a secondary line on a four-line family plan. My brother is the primary. He was receiving calls every day for a week (few weeks back) from a strange number before he finally answered the phone. It was Verizon telling him that my line was up for an early upgrade. I am listed as an account manager so I have full access to make account/phone changes. When I called customer service (extremely nice young woman) they said they have no record of me being up for any sort of early upgrade in their system - she even checked with her supervisor.

Any ideas on what I can do? Is there a different number that I should call? Perhaps one that only deals with early upgrades?

Thanks all-
    Last edited by Brian607; 02-09-10 at 11:18 AM. Reason: apparently I cant type today.
    02-09-10 11:12 AM
    As a Secondary line, you would not be eligible for an early Upgrade. They may have been refering to the Primary number. I believe they were going to try some different upgrade promotions. I will see if I can find more info for you.
    02-09-10 11:18 AM
    For some reason my phone number is listed as the primary. Neither my brother or I ever made that change (havent always been the primary, wasn't when I had a "dumb-phone.") Possibly because I am the only blackberry on the plan?
    Sorry I should have mentioned that.
    Thanks-
    02-09-10 11:20 AM
    I am a secondary line on a four-line family plan. My brother is the primary.
    For some reason my phone number is listed as the primary.
    So you are the Primary?
    02-09-10 11:37 AM
    Primary line, not the primary account holder. (If that makes sense.) Neither of us know why my blackberry became the primary line.
    02-09-10 11:40 AM
    If you are the primary line you could be eligible for an annual upgrade and someone is just calling to inform you of that. If you are a secondary line it could be a loyalty offer/promotion.

There are a few factors that could play into this so I can't say for sure.
    02-09-10 11:46 AM
    But if I am in fact eligible for an early/annual/whatever kind of upgrade, wouldn't the Verizon customer service number listed on their website know about it? Or is there another number I should be calling?
    02-09-10 12:46 PM
    There should be some form of a note in the system. If it's a loyalty offer it may not appear for cs. Get in contact with the loyalty department if no one else can find it.
    02-09-10 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD