04-21-09 11:06 AM
35 12
tools
    I think I may have found my biological mother yesterday! LOL

Last call of the day yesterday, a 60+ Grandmother calls in trying to setup VZ Nav on her Storm. Bought it 2 weeks ago and loves it! She quit using her Itouch after finding out she can sync her Itunes playlist. Has a Bluetooth carkit and pairs her Storm and listens to Slacker in her car. Her grandchildren that are in college are still using dumb phones!

I think marketing may have been a lil off, VZW should add senior citizens in the Storm's demographic!

I seriously called my real mother the second I got off of work and asked her, again, if I was adopted! Gotta love my mom, but she can barely use a TV remote.
    04-03-09 08:25 PM
    Haha that's amazing! Wow, I don't know any elderly people like that!

My grandmother is 92 and she's only touched a computer once...I was there, she looked at the mouse and said "what's that?" hahaha

Wow, that's just really funny. I've yet to see an old woman with a Bluetooth headset though haha
    04-03-09 09:06 PM
    Wow, that's just really funny. I've yet to see an old woman with a Bluetooth headset though haha
    It is funny - I can picture her now! Of course, I have a couple of tech-savvy aunts, which helps the image.

Both of those aunts use BT, as does my mother. It took a bit of coaxing to get my mom to use one - but she adores her Jawbone 2 now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 09:12 PM
    Awww...I think that is great! A tech savy granny!!

04-04-09 08:33 PM
    haha that is AWESOME. Blackberry reaches people of all ages! I'd like to see how many "unlikely addicts" are out there, loving their BB! I think VZW should have a special marketing scheme for the older addicts!!
    04-05-09 07:46 PM
    haha that is AWESOME. Blackberry reaches people of all ages! I'd like to see how many "unlikely addicts" are out there, loving their BB! I think VZW should have a special marketing scheme for the older addicts!!
    I agree.........................
    Let Apple market the Gen X'rs; and the others.
    RIMM should target the blue hairs (Baby Boomers); the 50 plus crowd.
    Ouch almost there; less one than a year away
    04-09-09 09:21 AM
    oh man that's hilarious.
    04-09-09 11:32 AM
    I agree.........................
    Let Apple market the Gen X'rs; and the others.
    RIMM should target the blue hairs (Baby Boomers); the 50 plus crowd.
    Ouch almost there; less one than a year away
    50? I'll never see 50 again. For crying out loud, we still had a B&W TV when I graduate from high school.

But last month I just went from a Motorola StarTac to a BB Storm. Gray hair is no barrier to technology. But now I care far more about what it can do for me than I do about how 'cool' it is.

Is the storm ready for prime time with the .75 OS? No, but the OS will change. The big screen is perfect for displaying particular interactive datasets I'm working on. Yes, wireless would be good, but the BES data connection is sufficient.

Go blue hairs.
    Mikey
    04-09-09 07:10 PM
    50? I'll never see 50 again. For crying out loud, we still had a B&W TV when I graduate from high school.

But last month I just went from a Motorola StarTac to a BB Storm. Gray hair is no barrier to technology. But now I care far more about what it can do for me than I do about how 'cool' it is.

Is the storm ready for prime time with the .75 OS? No, but the OS will change. The big screen is perfect for displaying particular interactive datasets I'm working on. Yes, wireless would be good, but the BES data connection is sufficient.

Go blue hairs.
    Mikey
    LMAO

Well I just made 49
    In a couple of months I will be 49 and a 1/2.....
    Maybe it's midlife crisis; but I want cool and functionality.
    I agree gray hair ain't a barrier to technology; as the
    spirit is eternal and never grows old.
    BTW the Storm is not as bad as people say.
    Oh I know lets tie some of the youngsters down
    and make them play pong

I graduated in 77 from HS yeah there were still some B&W's
    around.

Yeah Blue Hairs go...............
    04-10-09 08:58 AM
    Hey! Graduated in '73 from HS, and yes, we only had a B&W. Tech is my love, and I tend to be one of those that goes out and buys it as soon as it's available, but I'm still waiting on a better Storm.

Oh, and I'm grey and losing hair.
    04-13-09 12:58 PM
    Hey! Graduated in '73 from HS, and yes, we only had a B&W. Tech is my love, and I tend to be one of those that goes out and buys it as soon as it's available, but I'm still waiting on a better Storm.

Oh, and I'm grey and losing hair.

Well I am the same way too; I like to buy stuff as soon as it comes out.
    We didn't get those D!ck Tracy watches.
    They still haven't given us our flying cars.
    04-13-09 03:15 PM
    .... Oh I know lets tie some of the youngsters down and make them play pong
    Pong was good. When my daughter was very young I had an old AT&T UNIX-PC, the 7300 model. I used to let her play robots at the keyboard, and she loved it. Until she got old enough to realize it wasn't the same as the video games at the neighbor's house anyway.

Thinking about pong again, most kids today would be amazed that folks actually stuck quarters in the slot to play those things. When Pacman came out the *COLOR* was so razzle-dazzle people stuffed the money in just to see it I think.

For crying out loud, the Storm probably has more computing horsepower than some of those old games, but remember that NASA sent guys to the moon using slide rules.

I think we ought to think about changing our signatures to say "Go Blue Hairs!"

MB
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 04-14-09 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
    04-14-09 08:28 PM
    Go Granny Go Granny Go Go Go! She's a little old lady from Pasadena.
    04-14-09 09:43 PM
    Great story, go Granny!
    04-14-09 09:49 PM
    Another Stormin' granny checking in. And I use an iPod every day for my playlists for my students, and I have 2 laptops, and I can still do cartwheels, handstands, do high kicks, and more push-ups than most men I know. So, I'm old, but as they said in the Monty Python movie: "I'm not dead yet!" I love gadgets and technology, much to my husband's bemusement.
    Last edited by HMBgal; 04-14-09 at 10:25 PM.
    04-14-09 10:12 PM
    Another Stormin' granny checking in. And I use an iPod every day for my playlists for my students, and I have 2 laptops, and I can still do cartwheels, handstands, do high kicks, and more push-ups than most men I know. So, I'm old, but as they said in the Monty Python movie: "I'm not dead yet!"
    You had me all excited & cheering, as I read through this - then there was the last sentence...
    I love gadgets and technology, must to my husband's bemusement.
    Broke my heart.

04-14-09 10:21 PM
    Another Stormin' granny checking in. And I use an iPod every day for my playlists for my students, and I have 2 laptops, and I can still do cartwheels, handstands, do high kicks, and more push-ups than most men I know. So, I'm old, but as they said in the Monty Python movie: "I'm not dead yet!" I love gadgets and technology, much to my husband's bemusement.
    Ohhhhhh u go Granny.......
    High kicks; push ups wow. I'm in love.
    I bet u look hot in those rubber sole squeaky shoes;
    and your support hose with the seams up the back too.

I remember being in grade school when the girls with leotards
    turned me on. Now it's women in support hose; wow.....

Blue Hairs Rock Baby!!!!!!!
    04-15-09 09:34 AM
    Ah trendy professional...that is quite a detailed fantasy. I, alas, am not your girl. Gosh, I don't even have gray hair. I have been known to wear support hose under my ski pants to keep me warmer. 56 is the new 36. Of course, the grandkids are giveaway...

04-16-09 10:30 AM
    Ah trendy professional...that is quite a detailed fantasy. I, alas, am not your girl. Gosh, I don't even have gray hair. I have been known to wear support hose under my ski pants to keep me warmer. 56 is the new 36. Of course, the grandkids are giveaway...

U GO GURL!!!!!!!!!!
    But lovin the ski pants
    04-16-09 11:36 AM
    No, no, no - I had many things at 36 that I no longer have. I also didn't have things that I did have at 56. No gray hair for me, though. Then again, at 36, I actually had hair - gray might be an improvement.

04-16-09 11:57 AM
    No, no, no - I had many things at 36 that I no longer have. I also didn't have things that I did have at 56. No gray hair for me, though. Then again, at 36, I actually had hair - gray might be an improvement.
    Lots of funny things to say about baldness, but I won't. My husband says that at his age, there is only so much testosterone in the body and he isn't going to waste it growing hair.

And no, I have NO desire to be 36 again. Life seems to be speeding up as I get older, but I'm too busy to worry about it much.
    04-16-09 02:59 PM
    Lots of funny things to say about baldness, but I won't. My husband says that at his age, there is only so much testosterone in the body and he isn't going to waste it growing hair.

And no, I have NO desire to be 36 again. Life seems to be speeding up as I get older, but I'm too busy to worry about it much.
    Now THAT is a good one. My 30ies flew by, hopefully the 40ies will go a bit slower. So far so good.
    04-16-09 03:38 PM
    Now THAT is a good one. My 30ies flew by, hopefully the 40ies will go a bit slower. So far so good.
    Wishfull thinking, I'm afraid. My experience has been that the older one gets, the faster the days seem to go. Maybe it's just being to darned busy. We'll be empty nesters this coming Fall. A new experience to be had.
    04-16-09 05:22 PM
    Another baby boomer here. I love my storm and have been playing with this stuff since the Vic 20. Remember that?
    04-16-09 05:43 PM
    Wishfull thinking, I'm afraid. My experience has been that the older one gets, the faster the days seem to go. Maybe it's just being to darned busy. We'll be empty nesters this coming Fall. A new experience to be had.
    Well hey the upside; you can walk around in your birthday suit.
    This thread is going downhill fast......
    But I know the mod has to be chuckling.....
    04-16-09 05:47 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD