For those of you looking for something new and "touchable" from VZ as far as our beloved BBs go I think that whole Torch rumor mill may be showing some true life.

Just for the h33l of it I came across VZ to see if that were still chucking that S2 (which I'm not a proud owner of BTW) and sure enough to my amusement the red banner of "This item is temporarily out of stock" was slapped across the face of the S2.

Fingers crossed, hoping this is bon voyage Storm2!
    Last edited by ELoXL; 09-03-11 at 04:19 PM.
    09-03-11 03:05 PM
    September 8th release date is definitely true. I saw (and used) the 9850/9860 demo unit that arrived at a Verizon store here in MA yesterday. Confirmed to be available on Sept. 8th.
    09-03-11 03:51 PM
    The 9550 is "Out of stock" in some regions, listed normally in others.
    09-04-11 02:58 PM
    Feel sorry for the people who picks up one of these pos. It's not worth it even if they start handing them out for free. It'll just case a lot of frustration and anguish, causing you to want to perform some anger management on it but then you can't because it's your only phone and you are stuck with it which in turn causes more frustration and anguish. It's a vicious cycle.... And in the end, you just have to LOL at it and live with the mistake of choosing this pos out of the many choices out there. Thanks RIM! I'm going to enjoy watching this company fail.
    09-05-11 08:44 AM
    Yes, the hate runs deep. Live with this phone for 2 years and you'll feel the same, I guarantee it... LOL. You'll watch all your friends do cool stuff and be productive on their phones and here you are, stuck with ****ty hardware and even ****tier software. Never again! I'm doing research next time. Got suckered by the "Blackberry" brand.
    09-05-11 08:51 AM
    My Storm was run over by a car yesterday. I have never been more disgusted with a phone in my entire life than I am with the S2, but at the same time i was quite relieved that it was dead and out of my life for the time being. I have insurance and made the claim immediately. My question now is....will I get the same phone? I reckon it's not p to me at the powers that be at this point.

With the fact that the S2 is OOS on VZs site I figured ill take the chance and go for pot luck on anew phone. I really hope they got rid of the S2 inventory and would be glad with anything they give me at this point. It's currently on the UPS truck as I type this and should be here if not today no later than this Monday. Fingers crossed it can be a BB7 phone and if it's a S2 just someone pull the trigger.

I'll keep you posted.
    10-01-11 06:52 AM
    I like my s2 it does everything I need, needs a reboot about once a month. Battery still lasts over a day with heavy usage. I would like a better browser and will upgrade to the s3 or torch when it's available.
    10-01-11 09:56 AM
    It's available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 01:50 PM
    Pretty sure you'll get a refurbished s2.

My Storm was run over by a car yesterday. I have never been more disgusted with a phone in my entire life than I am with the S2, but at the same time i was quite relieved that it was dead and out of my life for the time being. I have insurance and made the claim immediately. My question now is....will I get the same phone? I reckon it's not p to me at the powers that be at this point.

With the fact that the S2 is OOS on VZs site I figured ill take the chance and go for pot luck on anew phone. I really hope they got rid of the S2 inventory and would be glad with anything they give me at this point. It's currently on the UPS truck as I type this and should be here if not today no later than this Monday. Fingers crossed it can be a BB7 phone and if it's a S2 just someone pull the trigger.

I'll keep you posted.
    10-01-11 03:57 PM
    @n1smo and @supermario28 you two were spot on and sure enough they sent me the S2...twice!

As soon as I received the initial replacement phone I went to work with the activation, but once everything was falling into place like i never had a phone issue I found that that mute button gave no feedback when I wanted to silence Pandora for a moment. Since the power button shares the same plane as the mute button I notice that I was getting very little feedback from that side as well. I immediately called up asurion insurance and they were more than glad to send me out a device the next day; it came as promised.

Throughout the day I was just bumming out without my BB and actually gave in to the desire of getting a brand new BB. I went out to VZ today and luckily I was actually up for a new phone discount w/ 2yr agreement, take off another 50 and slap on my jobs extra discount and I picked up a 9930 for 130 dollars (yes, thats with tax). I lucked out completely, but the smartphone gods heard my many months of pain with the Storm2 and I couldn't be more satisfied my new friend that I've made today - damn this **** feels good in the hand!
    10-04-11 09:59 PM
    are they back in stock yet?
    10-05-11 02:36 AM
    Most likely gone for good, BUT you can get the BB Torch 9850, which is a very similar model, OR you can try to find a Storm2 on the after market, at the CrackBerry Market Place sub Forum, or on Ebay or Craigslist.
    10-05-11 09:30 AM
    I apologize for the late reply. As I stated before I'm currently the owner of a 9930, but the insurance company mailed me a fresh Storm 2 that I'm obviously not utilizing. I have not taken off the screen plastic for it at all, but of course why would I. They send you a charger and a battery with every replacement and since I had two replacements sent to me I am still the owner of the wall charger and their batteries.

I had to send away the damaged S2 and the initial replacement that had a mute button issue. Their second phone is still in my possession and from my initial observation it appears to be in great condition. My best guess, as someone pointed out earlier, that it may be a refurb. model.

Are you looking for another S2? ****, if you need batteries I'm willing to part with three of them.
    10-06-11 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD