Hye so lately i have been seeing that my stome has been going in and out of service. So one point and time i will see 1XEV then another i may just see the 1x but then i have seen a "D" not sure what that means but when i see the "d" i dont have any service and i see searching for cdma. Has anyone else had this problem or have any insight for it. I have dialed *228 numerous time but that seems not to solve the issue. thansk in advance
    08-31-09 10:05 PM
    Try this:

Options>mobile network. Check the setting that might global and change this to 1XEV. Then do a register now. options>advanced options>host routing table>menu>register now.

When you get the registration message, for good measure do a battery reset.
    08-31-09 10:24 PM
    I'm have the same issue as the OP and I'm already set for 1XEV only.

OP: You're not in the Los Angeles area are ya?
    08-31-09 10:58 PM
    it sounds like a location issue, this happens to me in my friends house, where service is horrible...

you can call your carrier and request a trouble ticket be made...go through all of the troubleshooting, i suggest calling from a separate line, and while you're at home, near your PC...that way you can do whatever they need troubleshooting wise...
    09-01-09 12:16 AM
    I am also having the same issue as the OP. I live in South Georgia. I have been noticing my signal dropping out a good bit as of late. It's even worse in the evenings. I am a former Alltel Customer, so I thought it was due to them upgrading towers in my area. I had great signal/service a few weeks ago, so I don't think it's a location issue. Anyone have any ideas? Appreciate any insight I can get.
    09-01-09 12:51 AM
    I am also having the same issue as the OP. I live in South Georgia. I have been noticing my signal dropping out a good bit as of late. It's even worse in the evenings. I am a former Alltel Customer, so I thought it was due to them upgrading towers in my area. I had great signal/service a few weeks ago, so I don't think it's a location issue. Anyone have any ideas? Appreciate any insight I can get.
    same suggestion, i'd call VZW...that kind of stuff is beyond what we can suggest honestly, OS and PRL will only do so much, if anything at all
    09-01-09 01:20 AM
    Thanks Patches... I did as you suggested. According to what I was told, they are in the process of "transferring" towers in my area. Although the Alltel towers were EVDO, they were not 3G. So Verizon is in the process of updating them to match the current network. The rep wasn't able to give me a time line as to when this would be completed, but did say it would be a good idea to call to open a ticket each time I noticed the signal change. They said this would give them a better idea of when and what areas were being affected so they could better address the problem.

Again, thanks for the advice.
    09-01-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD