Omnia seems like the best choice no?
    11-28-08 11:56 AM
    Sound like a personal decision. What do you like for your needs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 12:06 PM
    Well I like to text so I would kinda like a keyboard so I was leaning towards the Touch Pro but I heard the keyboard is kinda bad. Also is the camera on the Omnia good? its 5 mp but I heard its not that good?
    11-28-08 12:08 PM
    I have had no feed back on that yet myself. 5mp is great, but if it is a poor quality lens then it defeats the purpose. Best thing to do is go to a store and play with the phones and see what works best for you.

11-28-08 12:20 PM
    I played with a dummy HTC Touch Pro at Best Buy (they don't have real phones because of theft). The keyboard seemed really nice. But I do get the impression that you might have to look at the keyboard when you type. The keys all touch each other.

I think the biggest problem with the Touch Pro is the supposedly short battery life. The most aggravating thing a cell phone can do to me is run out of battery when I need to use it.
    11-28-08 02:51 PM
    I played with a dummy HTC Touch Pro at Best Buy (they don't have real phones because of theft). The keyboard seemed really nice. But I do get the impression that you might have to look at the keyboard when you type. The keys all touch each other.

I think the biggest problem with the Touch Pro is the supposedly short battery life. The most aggravating thing a cell phone can do to me is run out of battery when I need to use it.
    I have mine ready to be activated but so far I'm not completely impressed. I think I'll end up sticking to my curve =\

I wish verizon wasn't CDMA, its so hard to find new decent phones!
    11-28-08 05:21 PM
    True, but it means reliability sometimes... /sigh
    11-28-08 05:40 PM
    We received an Omnia at work the other day. It hasn't been activated yet, so I couldn't play with it fully, but I did mess with it a little.

The touch screen annoys me. You can't just tap it to select something, you actually have to touch an hold for a second....well maybe not a second, but it definitely isn't a quick tap. I'm not sure if its just the one we have or if all of them will be like that, but I didn't like it.

I'm not a huge fan of touchscreen phones anyway, but I am having some doubts about the Omnia already.
    11-29-08 12:23 AM
    Yea so I went to the verizon store last night. I played with all the phones. They didnt have the HTC touch pro, they were sold out of it. I ended up getting a voyager cause they had a special sale on it so I got it for free lol.
    11-29-08 02:18 PM
    The Omnia is a SICK piece of equipment.

I may be picking one up even tho I have to pay for one and I have 2 free Storms coming to me. Who knows.
    11-29-08 03:15 PM
    Hey,

How are you getting two Storms because I want one!!!
    11-29-08 09:18 PM
    it's just an opinion but the keyboard is ok on the htc, it's the software that sux since it's winmob, that's the part i couldn't stand. touch screens hard to use for sms, they work ok but not quite as well as a physical keyboard.
    11-29-08 09:21 PM
    HTC-smaller screen gutted buy VZW, Omnia no go just like all other touchscreens not good for websurfing or text, Storm rulse the click is the ****..
    11-30-08 11:58 AM
    I am dreaming a Storm .... Placed order and wait .....
    11-30-08 01:02 PM
    Yea so I went to the verizon store last night. I played with all the phones. They didnt have the HTC touch pro, they were sold out of it. I ended up getting a voyager cause they had a special sale on it so I got it for free lol.
    u got yourself a free box of headaches LOL

I hope they fixed the problems it had since I last had one. If ur an active texter, it seems that the phone tends to just restart itself out of nowhere, sometimes while talking or sometimes when a program like VZ nav is going. It was very frustrating! Especially when VZW reps tell u that no ones been complaining, yet, if u do a simple google search, u'll find a wealth of complaints!

Althoughy curve can be frustrating as well, at least I know a lot of the problems are 3rd party software related memory leaks, not the actual phone... although BBs have WAYYYY more potential than regular phones do so I will gladly deal!

Oh and the voyagers browser is vurtually useless!!!
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 11-30-08 at 01:21 PM.
    11-30-08 01:12 PM
    Storm!
    I'm biased! lol

11-30-08 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD