04-12-09 12:52 AM
    This is definitely gonna be an interesting year for smartphones.
    September is gonna be very interesting......
    Thanks
    04-12-09 11:56 AM
    Yeah lots of new stuff supposedly coming out all at the same time...crazyness...
    04-12-09 09:02 PM
    Where you been dad? This report is like a week old. . Many of us doubt the sept release so soon after storm 1 and RIGHT on the heels if the 9630. Sept 2010 maybe, BUT we shall see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 09:08 PM
    Where you been dad? This report is like a week old. . Many of us doubt the sept release so soon after storm 1 and RIGHT on the heels if the 9630. Sept 2010 maybe, BUT we shall see.
    I've been right here - but anymore, I don't stray out of this forum, saving my device-specific, non-carrier-specific assistance for other sites.

I'd not seen this mentioned in the VZW forums and, since it is slated for release on VZW, I thought it appropriate to put it here.

The actual word is a bit older, having been reported in trade journals about a week before showing up online. According to VZW sources, the go-ahead was given and, while timelines are still sketchy, VZW is expecting the new one early Q4.

This may be the device that was confused with the so-called Pluto.

Given the negative media response and general level of dissatisfaction among Storm owners, a redo does seem appropriate. When you consider the deal VZW had to make for an exclusive, they may have really leaned on RIM to correct it.

Then there is the LTE issue looming. VZW will need high-end devices capable of LTE and RIM probably doesn't want to lose ground to WinMo/Palm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 09:41 PM
    I doubt Rim'll ever lose ground to Palm. Palm is trash.
    04-12-09 09:53 PM
    I doubt Rim'll ever lose ground to Palm. Palm is trash.

I agree - which is why I threw in WinMo.

But, Palm ones was not trash & there is no reason to believe they might not pull off something dramatic. Doubtful, but still.

In the end though, RIM has the 800 pound Microsoft guerilla that is much more versatile and could bridge the gap whenever MS decides to - not that the WinMo platform is a slouch now. Its just a bit complicated for a large segment of users. The main drawing card for BlackBerry, the push email, could be blown out of the water if MS decided to toss servers out there for intermediate connections.
    04-13-09 01:36 AM
    If they add a slide out, or attachable keyboard (ala Versa), then I'd pick one up immediately. I like touch screens, but really want a keyboard.
    04-13-09 12:37 PM
    This won't be coming out in September.
    04-13-09 01:49 PM
    Sooner or Later or Never
    04-14-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD