03-16-09 10:13 PM
36 12
tools
    No jumping here. Just an attempt to point out that Word editing is not native on any BlackBerry, including the Bold. Get a Bold & you'd still have to buy a third party app to do editing.
    No jumping perceived. But now I'm confused. The Bold supposedly comes with Data Viz Documents to Go. I thought that allowed viewing and editing, just not creation of new docs. If that's not the case, I'm giving the Curve another look.

BTW, sorry to digress from the original subject of this thread.
    03-12-09 01:35 PM
    The Storm has Docs to go, and I can read & edit, I'd imagine the Niagara will have it too.
    03-12-09 01:49 PM
    My Curves also came with Docs to Go - but the standard edition doesn't allow editing. Looking at a friend's Storm that she just picked up last week (hubby's BOGO) and she cannot do full editing. But I can, as I run the paid versions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 02:18 PM
    I am in the same boat. Storm seems buggy. Bold like Niagra has very small trackball. Don't know why they made it sooo tiny.
    When I push it down, it rolls over to the wrong thing to click.
    Plenty of possitove Storm posters, though...

jr

03-12-09 02:29 PM
    I am in the same boat. Storm seems buggy. Bold like Niagra has very small trackball. Don't know why they made it sooo tiny.
    When I push it down, it rolls over to the wrong thing to click.
    Plenty of possitove Storm posters, though...
    I hate the trackball on the Storm.

03-12-09 02:52 PM
    Touch screens aren't as friendly to typing as qwerty keyboard phones are. If you do extensive messaging/texting then maybe you might consider either the bold or the curve. but it's a matter of personal preference at the end of the day.
    Last edited by addyboy; 03-12-09 at 03:19 PM.
    03-12-09 03:11 PM
    I hate the trackball on the Storm.

Bold like Niagra has very small trackball.
    03-12-09 10:59 PM
    Bold like Niagra has very small trackball.
    I know that...

Doesn't anyone have a sense of humor these days?
    03-12-09 11:16 PM
    I just bought the Curve a few weeks ago trading in my Dare. The touchscreen honestly got on my nerves so much that it made me look for other options. A friend of mine owns both the Curve and the Storm. He now has the Storm sitting in a drawer and is working solely on the Curve. The Storm is still very buggy and doesn't work the greatest. My recommendation for reliability and ease of use is hands down the Curve. Its a solid device and is NOT a dinosaur as another poster stated.

03-13-09 09:32 AM
    i would recommend the curve, but again, it depends on your personal taste.
    03-14-09 11:46 AM
    I almost bought an LG Dare, but after my experience with the Voyager, I wasn't ready to get an LG again...

The Curve was honestly the best choice I've ever made. It's fantastically easy to use, it connects me to my digital life, it's great.

At the moment, I'd say...wait for the 9630? I love the Curve, but when I can upgrade again, I'm probably gonna get the Niagara(9630). It's a sexy looking thing.
    03-16-09 10:13 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD