Hello.
    A real newbie here.
    I have been using Treo 600,650,700P, and 700wx for last 7 years. I have decided to walk into Blackberry addiction. I am on Verizon network.Now, the question is do I go with stable and proven Curve or go with the latest and greatest Storm? I do like the large screen of Storm and probably on the bottom half on amount of emails I receive everyday. However, all the professional reviews of Storm are all scary. So, you blackberry Gods, help me out. Which one should I get?
    02-12-09 01:55 PM
    Gosh, that is a tough one. I use the Curve because I do a lot of emails and texting. I am waiting the the Niagara/Bold/whatever it will be called to be released and will get it. Curve is hard to be as a day to day workhorse.
    02-12-09 02:00 PM
    You will certainly get a lot opinions here that will make your head spin, so let me add my 2 cents. The curve or I should say my curve has not failed me and I do alot of email and texting. On the professional side, I use the 8830 and this one I also use like I am on fire. Most of the negative reports you read on the Storm were from the first few months. Verizon has done a pretty good job of working out the issues. And also some of the unofficial upgrades have been successful. Basically what I am attempting to say is any Blackberry regardless of past write ups will stand up to the punishment you will give it. Good luck and go with your gut feeling. Oh lastly, welcome to the crackberry world.
    02-12-09 02:14 PM
    If it makes your choice any easier, I believe Verizon has sold out of Curve's for the most part. Some stores may have a few left but they're hard to come by.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 02:16 PM
    My curve is stable and does what I want. No reboots or battery pulls here. The last time I rebooted I deleted an app. I would go with a curve, follow memory managment and you will be happy as a lark. Of course I have no idea about a storm so take that into account.

02-12-09 02:21 PM
    Agree with TearBear that VZW is mostly sold out of 8330's .. but IMO you should try and find one - you'll have an easier time adjusting with a Curve as opposed to a Storm.
    02-12-09 02:29 PM
    Buy one and if after 30 days you don't like it, get the other one.
    02-12-09 02:38 PM
    I bought the Curve, switched to storm, and then sold it for a Curve... The Storm was fun, and thats about it. I wasn't looking for a fun phone, I needed productivity and the Curve has proven itself to me time and time again. My verdict is: the Curve.
    02-12-09 02:41 PM
    Thanks guys. any Storm users wanna join in and help out?
    02-12-09 03:32 PM
    I'm not a Storm user but I've had a few ClackBerry's now. All BB's are fundamentally the same as far as the OS and features go. Just depends if you want a touch screen BB with a newer, shinier OS or a proven veteran in the current BlackBerry market. Personally I think Verizon is a bad company to have a BlackBerry on but that doesn't really help you as I assume your not going to switch carriers. I think as a first time BlackBerry user you might have more success on the Curve but the Storm is also great. Go into a Verizon store and play with them as much as you can and follow your gut.

02-12-09 03:41 PM
    curve all the way, easier to learn on
    02-12-09 04:24 PM
    I'm not a Storm user but I've had a few ClackBerry's now. All BB's are fundamentally the same as far as the OS and features go. Just depends if you want a touch screen BB with a newer, shinier OS or a proven veteran in the current BlackBerry market. Personally I think Verizon is a bad company to have a BlackBerry on but that doesn't really help you as I assume your not going to switch carriers. I think as a first time BlackBerry user you might have more success on the Curve but the Storm is also great. Go into a Verizon store and play with them as much as you can and follow your gut.

I disagree with you here. Just because the price is a bit higher, doesn't make them a worse provider. My service with Verizon has been incredible... never dropped a call or been out of service.
    02-12-09 04:50 PM
    Don't be a wimp! Go ahead and dive into a Storm. It's been a great experiance on my end, and I mean that sincerely.
    02-12-09 04:54 PM
    If it makes your choice any easier, I believe Verizon has sold out of Curve's for the most part. Some stores may have a few left but they're hard to come by.

Ummmmmmm....NO! Verizon is NOT out of Curves. I used the Curve for work and the Storm for my personal phone. I love them both. Since you are coming from a palm, I would rec a Curve for an easier transition.
    02-12-09 04:57 PM
    Thanks everyone. I decided to go with Storm and got it already. Now I have 30 days to see if I really like it. It is day two with Storm and so far so good. If anything fails, I am going to change it to the curve. Did I make the right decision?
    02-17-09 09:04 PM
    Give the Storm at LEAST a week, there is a bit of a learning curve, BUT many of us LOVE it after we get over the curve. You might also want to try the "leaked" OS, BUT proceed with caution and read the info on upgrading an OS in the Storm Beta Forum area.
    02-17-09 09:30 PM
    I had a curve and it was a dependable little workhorse that never hiccuped....I have since got a storm and havent had any problems with it that everyone else has had... The Blackberry OS on both phones is about the same...its just which phone do you want...The Curve has a lot more free apps and ringtones/wallpapers etc. The Storm is a fun phone to play with and the screen is amazing...I use my browser a lot more now since I have a Storm..
    02-18-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD