I have a storm currently. I got it about a month and a half ago. I have had nothing but problems with service with it and constantly dropped calls. I went to the store Monday and was told it was low memory and the tech did something to improve it and said that was why I was getting dropped calls and if this didn't fix it then bring the phone. Well I am still having a problem with service. I am curious if they will let me exchange the phone out for a curve since a friend of mine has a curve and doesn't have the service issues like I do. Any idea or any reps that can answer this?
    07-23-09 12:28 PM
    Have you ever gotten the Storm replaced?
    07-23-09 12:39 PM
    No haven't replaced it yet. Do you think that would fix it? I mean it drops calls be it to other verizon phones, sprint tmobile all the same. It's driving me nuts
    07-23-09 12:42 PM
    I would call tech support tell em its dropping like nobody's business cuz I had one that did this and once it was replaced I had other issues but it cleared up the dropped calls. They will probably go through some troubleshooting too and every once in a while it can fix it depending on the tech you get and how the phone is. But with my experience its more the phone thats having the issue(when it comes to the storm) than the service itself.
    07-23-09 12:44 PM
    hmm I'll give that a shot tomorrow I suppose. I really like the phone its just the calls are driving me crazy. Have not had any other issues with it other than this. I know like theres things that say
    1EV or 1EVX or whatever and then more often than not theres times where it doesn't say that at all and I have one tiny bar. Guess off to verizon I go tomorrow
    07-23-09 12:50 PM
    Sounds like a plan you never know, it could solve that issue and then you're good to go.
    07-23-09 01:43 PM
    Good news..they swapped it right out no issue with that. Hopefully problem solved
    07-24-09 11:53 AM
    Good news..they swapped it right out no issue with that. Hopefully problem solved
    Good to hear! Keep us posted on how the new storm acts.
    07-24-09 11:54 AM
    Well after day 1 of new storm it is working quite well. Not a single dropped call today
    07-24-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD