Okay, Im new to the Storm. I had the Tour and then after several replacements decided to go with a different berry phone. A friend of mine wanted to swap so we did. Anyways...ive only had the Storm for a week now. I am having memory leakage issues but that aside im having trouble getting my contact pictures to stay. I go in and choose the pic like normal and click save. Okay it saves for a bit but when i go to text them or call them a bit later, poof, the pic has disapeared. Ive searched the forum on here for answers to this but havent found any. Has anyone else had this issue??

Also i wiped my phone clean twice to fix my memory leak issues. I also deleted Blackberry World App and WeatherBug to get rid of leaks. Im up to 21.6 mb of free app memory, LOL Sad. Im working on resolving the leak issues myself. I know this is a on going issue with the Storm.

Im using Os 5.0.0.419 on a Verizon Storm phone.

**Posted in the wrong place, can someone move this for me please?** Thank you
    Last edited by MaryJane197; 01-02-10 at 08:19 PM.
    01-02-10 08:16 PM
    You say you're "Saving" the photo, but are you saving them as a Contact Pic/Caller ID Pic? That's another selection in your BB menu after you've opened the photo in your Media program.

Regarding memory leaks, I recall when I had my S1, walking around with 21 MB of free memory was pretty standard (often dropping down to around 10-14 MB). There are many programs you can uninstall after connecting your phone to your computer with Desktop Manager opened. Go to Add/Remove Programs and then click on the ones you don't use/want. All the different languages, and anything else (some programs will be grayed out, those are not removable). Just uncheck them and then click Next (or Finish) and follow the on-screen directions.

One very important point to remember: People panic when memory drops below some threshold that they have in their heads, but really, the phone works just FINE (I assume you have at least the latest official OS installed) with Free App memory running down in the single digits!

Okay, Im new to the Storm. I had the Tour and then after several replacements decided to go with a different berry phone. A friend of mine wanted to swap so we did. Anyways...ive only had the Storm for a week now. I am having memory leakage issues but that aside im having trouble getting my contact pictures to stay. I go in and choose the pic like normal and click save. Okay it saves for a bit but when i go to text them or call them a bit later, poof, the pic has disapeared. Ive searched the forum on here for answers to this but havent found any. Has anyone else had this issue??

Also i wiped my phone clean twice to fix my memory leak issues. I also deleted Blackberry World App and WeatherBug to get rid of leaks. Im up to 21.6 mb of free app memory, LOL Sad. Im working on resolving the leak issues myself. I know this is a on going issue with the Storm.

Im using Os 5.0.0.419 on a Verizon Storm phone.

**Posted in the wrong place, can someone move this for me please?** Thank you
    01-02-10 08:41 PM
    Thank you so much! I wasnt adding the pic that way. I was going in and choosing the contact and choosing edit and click the pic box and selecting a pic then hitting save. That should have worked i would have thought?? But it didnt. So i did it the way you said and now the next day my contact pics are still there!

Im new to using 5.0 as i didnt have this issue on my Tour, which ran 4.7 . Im not really worried about the memory leak issue. My memory goes up and down and im not sure why but atleast the phone does function. I do notice though that when the memory is at its lowest that my app respond more slowly. Im having a few other small issues that im going to take it into the store and have them look at it. But thank you for your help!!

Oh and i uninstalled all the programs i could but im still at 21 mb of app memory. It fluctuates down to 11 and back up.
    01-03-10 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD