I do not have a blackberry or a smartphone as of yet. I been using my Motorola V3M by Verizon for 20 months. I got my corporate account with Sears Holding which gives me 20% on cell bill and 25% on accessories. However I get a better reduced rate on cell phones when go to verizon.com and enter my info to lookup. Last week the Storm 2yr Contract price was $299.99 with a promotional credit of $100.00. Then I was given an additional $100.00 bucks which made it for $99.99. Now just today the Storm 2yr Contract price was $219.99 with a promotional credit of $170.00. Then final price is $49.99. Im just wondering if A) Storm is not selling good OR B) Prices are slashing due to that new blackberry comming soon. I do not own a blackberry but would like one soon.
    06-22-09 01:15 PM
    Im just wondering if A) Storm is not selling good OR B) Prices are slashing due to that new blackberry comming soon. I do not own a blackberry but would like one soon.
    Yes

Storm sales, from my rather limited knowledge, aren't as high as VZW had hoped - though I would assume that things like "newcomers" and "user-error" played a large role in this. I have a Storm and I've loved it from day one. Then .148 came out and I LOVE it.

However, I'm sure the addition of the Pearl Flip, Storm 2 and the Tour all have an affect of the lowered price.

So you're looking for a BB? IF you're planning on sticking with VZW the decision is actually pretty easy:
    Do you want a touch screen?
    If yes, you want a Storm (or check out rumors of the Storm 2)
    If no, you want a Tour
    06-22-09 01:44 PM
    Yes

Storm sales, from my rather limited knowledge, aren't as high as VZW had hoped - though I would assume that things like "newcomers" and "user-error" played a large role in this. I have a Storm and I've loved it from day one. Then .148 came out and I LOVE it.

However, I'm sure the addition of the Pearl Flip, Storm 2 and the Tour all have an affect of the lowered price.

So you're looking for a BB? IF you're planning on sticking with VZW the decision is actually pretty easy:
    Do you want a touch screen?
    If yes, you want a Storm (or check out rumors of the Storm 2)
    If no, you want a Tour
    Well I been waiting and waiting. I got patience with the blackberry. However LOTS of issues with the Storm from users and I take that into effect. Id like to go with the Tour when it comes out if the price is very reasonable. I can get a curve for free which will allow me to get on the bandwagon. Storm 2 is long ways though.
    06-22-09 02:38 PM
    There really aren't that many issues with the Storm. Most have been cleared up with new OS's. I would say the majority of remaining "issues" are from 1 of 2 things: People don't know how to use their BB/Storm; People are going into the phone with the wrong expectations. It isn't an iPhone, it's never going to be. Neither phone is bad, just different.
    06-22-09 02:48 PM
    I just got my Storm a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it!! I did however flash it to .148 before doing anything else so I dont know any of the woes of .75. I think alot of people have a problem with touch screens in general and end up back to non touch device. So I think in many cases the Storm get a bad wrap because of the users inability to adapt to a touch device , imo. Also I cannot wait to get my hands on a Storm 2, that will be my next phone!!

A Storm for $49 bucks is a **** of a deal , I would snatch it up if I were you or wait for the touch if your unsure about a touch device.
    06-22-09 03:09 PM
    I think due to the high number of returns on the STORM the price has been knocked down. Almost as if VZW is trying to get people to keep the device because someone is more likely to put up with a sub par device when it only costs 50 bucks versus 200.... just IMO
    06-22-09 03:27 PM
    I just got my Storm a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it!! I did however flash it to .148 before doing anything else so I dont know any of the woes of .75. I think alot of people have a problem with touch screens in general and end up back to non touch device. So I think in many cases the Storm get a bad wrap because of the users inability to adapt to a touch device , imo. Also I cannot wait to get my hands on a Storm 2, that will be my next phone!!

A Storm for $49 bucks is a **** of a deal , I would snatch it up if I were you or wait for the touch if your unsure about a touch device.
    Good call on the new-touchscreen users comment.
    06-22-09 03:33 PM
    I gotcha. Well I guess time will tell when the Tour comes out. It doesnt have WIFI correct? Id like to get a device that has it, but I do not want to switch to AT&T
    06-22-09 03:34 PM
    As far as I know, no Verzion device has WIFI
    06-22-09 03:49 PM
    Ok I thought so, but was not 100%.
    06-22-09 04:11 PM
    There are vzw devices with wifi... Just not berries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 06:08 PM
    As far as I know, no Verzion device has WIFI

there is windows mobile devices with wi-fi
    06-22-09 07:00 PM
    A) Storm is not selling good OR B) Prices are slashing due to that new blackberry comming soon. I do not own a blackberry but would like one soon.
    Or C) doesn't Verizon have to maintain a minimum sales # of Storms in order to retain the exclusivity on the device?
    06-22-09 09:17 PM
    I would like the storm for $50 bucks, but I would like to see what price I would get the tour for.
    06-22-09 09:21 PM
    I do not have a blackberry or a smartphone as of yet. I been using my Motorola V3M by Verizon for 20 months. I got my corporate account with Sears Holding which gives me 20% on cell bill and 25% on accessories. However I get a better reduced rate on cell phones when go to verizon.com and enter my info to lookup. Last week the Storm 2yr Contract price was $299.99 with a promotional credit of $100.00. Then I was given an additional $100.00 bucks which made it for $99.99. Now just today the Storm 2yr Contract price was $219.99 with a promotional credit of $170.00. Then final price is $49.99. Im just wondering if A) Storm is not selling good OR B) Prices are slashing due to that new blackberry comming soon. I do not own a blackberry but would like one soon.
    The storm is selling just fine, they cut the price down on all berries $50.00 and took away the BOGO.... (btw: they will still honor the BOGO for a little while). And yes, storm return rate is extremely high, but not the highest out of all the phones.... not too sure how high it is now after the upgrade though.... The highest returned phone, just as an FYI, is the motorola Krave (touchscreen motorola with the clear flip cover)
    06-22-09 09:21 PM
    The storm is selling just fine, they cut the price down on all berries $50.00 and took away the BOGO.... (btw: they will still honor the BOGO for a little while). And yes, storm return rate is extremely high, but not the highest out of all the phones.... not too sure how high it is now after the upgrade though.... The highest returned phone, just as an FYI, is the motorola Krave (touchscreen motorola with the clear flip cover)
    BOGO on BB still going strong here ..

and what about returns on Glydes?!! what a nightmare!:
    06-23-09 12:34 AM
    BOGO on BB still going strong here ..

and what about returns on Glydes?!! what a nightmare!:

What is a Glydes
    06-23-09 12:37 AM
    What is a Glydes
    Samsung Glyde .. blue slider phone w/ front touch screen and qwerty keyboard.. not a pda
    06-23-09 12:40 AM
    Storm is still in the top 5 in sales, topping the Bold. In fact, it has been a juggling act for the top 3 between Curve, iPhone & Storm.

And the return rate for Storm is not out of the norm.

The exclusive deal is structured where VZW can back out if sales are below a certain point - a point it isn't close to hitting.

What we are seeing is partly due to the government-caused recession and partly as a primer for the new models. They want to get more BlackBerrys in the hands of more people before the excitement of the new models.

The Glyde is a PoDooDoo.

They could pay me to take a Storm & I would turn it down - new OS release or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 01:43 AM
    As far as I know, all Blackberrys are undergoing lower promotional prices. It's like the BOGO that was going on previously... It's to get customers to get them and utilize advanced devices. Plus, with talk of the Storm 2 rolling around, devices do tend to drop in price quite a bit after they've been out for more than 6 months.
    06-25-09 12:32 PM
    I talked to a Verizon rep and she stated the Apple Iphone will be comming out next year to Verizon. She stated Verizon was offered first hands to get the Apple Iphone instead of AT&T, but denied it based on the battery issue and support with it.
    06-25-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD