01-04-10 02:27 PM
77 1234
tools
    Are you ok? Really? All that over an forum post?
    12-30-09 06:51 PM
    Are you ok? Really? All that over an forum post?
    It was quite a good summary of the situation.
    12-30-09 07:09 PM
    It was quite a good summary of the situation.
    Well he did ask him to elaborate......but still.
    12-30-09 07:45 PM
    Certainly.

The first priority in customer service or customer care, is to provide service and care to the customer. I'm fairly sure you do well in your line of work, so I think you will agree with this statement. For the record, I'm retired but I do know a thing or two about customer service on a large scale. I'm sure there are differences when dealing with low budget equipment (cellular phones) vs. high budget equipment (industrial robotics and automation) but I still think the basics are the basics.

This gentleman has a legitimate safety concern. 178*F will cause damage to the human body. The fact that he doesn't see the logic of getting a replacement of the same equipment to ease the concerns doesn't change that. The situation needs to be fixed before any damage is actually caused. The representatives who are telling him they will replace the supposed faulty equipment WITHOUT laughing or making light of his concerns are 100% correct. Verizon, or any company, should not have to over-compensate a customer for any reason. The warranty on his phone is one year, and Verizon chooses to handle warranty issues, so a new phone of the same model should be offered.

So far, in my mind, we have a customer who is upset because his phone gets hot enough to burn him. He is also upset because he wants more than he deserves and won't get it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain you and I are on the same page so far.

I realize that you are not on the clock when you post on the internet. I also realize that you are not ashamed to say you work for Verizon (possibly indirectly...I'm not sure) in a customer care capacity. People who post here because they have problems, even if they aren't 100% legitimate issues, will look for you for guidance and support because of who you are and what you know. Surely you realize this as well. It's not fair by any means, but thats the way it is.

When you laugh at someone who says they feel they have unsafe equipment, it reflects not only on you, but on Verizon as well. You must realize this, but did it anyway. I agree with you, but my name (pseudonym) sin't affiliated with Verizon.

Now what follows is pure speculation, so feel free to correct me.

You're tired of whiney customers
    You're probably overdue for a promotion or a raise
    You care enough about the company you work for to defend it at every turn
    You're getting burnt out (with the work)
    The next logical step is poor customer care while on the clock

VZW needs to get their act together and take better care of the people they are paying to take care of others.

Some here who work for vzw don't give a sh*t about the customers, and it shows. You do. Some of our (CB) posters from WDS do. That shows as well. You need to distance yourself a bit from the average moron (not pointing at OP, just a generalization) and stay out of the fighting and feuding threads for a bit. It's not good for you, or Verizon, or your customers. I'm singling you out, but not just you. When you get burnt out enough to tell VZW to shove it and move on, everybody loses.

Well I just read all this and realized I'm probably overstepping my bounds. But that's why I feel the way I do.
    I agree that people on this board paint Verizon in a bad light by the way they respond to some customers. I also agree that we should respectfully respond to customer questions. I disagree though that anyone uses crackberry to decide which companies have better customer service. I don't think anyone has not gone to Verizon because of something I've posted. I also agree that his battery should be replaced under warranty because replacing a phone, when the battery is overheating, does not make sense.

However, I think that this customer is trying to get out of his phone because he is not eligible for an upgrade and probably likes another one better. It happens a lot. Customers with 3, 4, 5, 6, 10+ replacements who think that just because a phone is refurbished that it must be horrible. and that no matter which phone we give them it will fail on them until they get the beloved droid, storm2, (or eris in this ops situation) or whatever is new. They exploit the process because Verizon is so giving -- which is why Verizon is now cutting customer programs instead of cutting employees. Verizon is finally starting to say "no" to customers, and most CSR's like it.

I also think that the OP was being a bit dramatic when he said his phone makes him feel unsafe. That's all. Sorry if you, or he, did not take my joke well -- but we can't always be serious on and off the clock and something you just laugh at. I'm sure the OP will get his warranty replacement but he does not deserve a different phone, which is what i'm sure his goal will be.

We agree a lot more than we disagree !

Edit: Regarding your list of speculations, It's really none of those. I've just learned you can't buy customer loyalty with credits or free equipment. You build customer loyalty by providing a quality service at a reasonable price and you do it consistently.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 12-31-09 at 12:54 AM.
    12-31-09 12:45 AM
    I sympathize with you, however, I agree with Verizon in their decision to replace your Storm with a like item. They do have a 30 day return/exchange policy. How long have you had your Storm?
    12-31-09 04:05 AM
    Worst phone ever, period.
    12-31-09 05:01 AM
    I think I'd be working with Blackberry site as well. VZW retails and can do some repairs, even replacements. This is a problem that needs to be addressed by all parties.
    12-31-09 07:03 AM
    Look everyone, BEARKAT38 (aka DR DROID) is back in disguise

Shhhhh, he's on a secret mission using aliases......lol
    12-31-09 08:15 AM
    I think he just got fired!
    12-31-09 08:38 AM
    What's the worst phone ever, the Droid?
    12-31-09 10:00 AM
    I have the storm 1 and have not had a problem with it at all, so to say it's the worst phone ever would be a little over the top. The reason you hear of so many problems with them is because Verizon sells so many of them. People say the razr was the worst dumb phone ever for Verizon, but yet again we saw many problems because the market was flooded with that device.

I also use the droid eris and enjoy the phone a lot, it is a matter of preference. I will say that after the newest (non leaked) software update it seems like a new phone to me.

Just my opinions.
    12-31-09 10:15 AM
    Man, get rid of that thing, switch to At&t and get yourself a Bold 9700. Best phone ever. All your headaches will be gone forever.
    12-31-09 10:35 AM
    Is this serious? Your phone makes you feel unsafe? Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You make me feel unsafe

12-31-09 10:43 AM
    Well i just got off the phone again and i keep telling them that i do not feel comfortable with this phone. all they say is we will send you another storm. i ask to get a different phone and i can get a new device at full retail.

I made a little video of the phones temperature and of the phone call.
    12-31-09 11:18 AM
    Well i just got off the phone again and i keep telling them that i do not feel comfortable with this phone. all they say is we will send you another storm. i ask to get a different phone and i can get a new device at full retail.

I made a little video of the phones temperature and of the phone call.
    Just take the other replacement, if it happens again you will have a case for a new phone. The warranty is supposed to cover the phone you purchased though.

Post the video.
    12-31-09 11:25 AM
    i understand that they have to warranty the phone. but there has to be a thin line between Failure and the point where a customer no longer feels safe or comfortable carrying around a device.
    12-31-09 12:00 PM
    So does it get hot every time you charge it or only when you charge it at your house? PK made a great point early and I have not seen it answered by you.
    12-31-09 12:22 PM
    Happens in any room of my house. Happens at my Work, anytime the phone is being charged for any longer than 25 minutes. Ive had 2 Phones, 3 Batteries and 2 Chargers.
    12-31-09 12:42 PM
    well the video is up now!!

12-31-09 12:47 PM

I LOL'd
    10char
    12-31-09 01:04 PM
    i understand that they have to warranty the phone. but there has to be a thin line between Failure and the point where a customer no longer feels safe or comfortable carrying around a device.
    Seriously dude? If replacing the phone/battery fixes the issue, why are you complaining? You actually just want the eris, yeah? If you feel the phone is a threat to your personal safety and ure not happy with the resolution just pay the etf.

12-31-09 01:07 PM
    Ive already had a replacement storm. replaced batteries, replaced the charger. and nothing has changed. No one else in my house has a problem with charging there phones, there is a Iphone, HTC Touch pro, and LG Voyager and none of them have a problem charging so its not a issue with my homes electrical. I just want a comparible phone to the storm. i dont care if i loose out on the price difference on the phones. and i will not pay a ETF for something that is not my fault.
    12-31-09 01:14 PM

Ok tool. So here is my verdict. You have only had your phone replaced ONCE so you are not entitled to a new phone. You are entitled to the same phone you have purchased. You were not expecting more from VZW, you were expecting your way. I'm glad I got to hear the call because we got some more facts that you were omitting in your posts. So you get a replacment or you can call RIM. Wish you a SAFE New Year.
    12-31-09 01:15 PM
    Wow... I guess I need to get to a place where I can actually play this video because when I type the URL into my droid or BB it tells me it's a bad link.
    12-31-09 01:23 PM
    Ive already had a replacement storm. replaced batteries, replaced the charger. and nothing has changed. No one else in my house has a problem with charging there phones, there is a Iphone, HTC Touch pro, and LG Voyager and none of them have a problem charging so its not a issue with my homes electrical. I just want a comparible phone to the storm. i dont care if i loose out on the price difference on the phones. and i will not pay a ETF for something that is not my fault.

If that's true then the only common link is user error because I haven't heard of anyone elses phone getting to 178 degrees.
    12-31-09 02:04 PM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD