Hey gang, Im picking up my first BB next week (the Storm) and have heard that it originates from two different countries. I have seen some posts about one being better than than the other(less buggy)....It will be a verizon account so Im hoping that you guys can give me a little input on this....

Thanks
    04-27-09 05:50 AM
    ahhh... well verizon only has one storm.. the 9530

vodophone has one, but thats european
    04-27-09 07:36 AM
    ahhh... well verizon only has one storm.. the 9530

vodophone has one, but thats european
    OP is talking about the Canadian and Mexican built phones.

I have a Mexican Dec 2008 build. Haven't had any issues yet.
    04-27-09 07:45 AM
    I heard about the same thing. The wife and I did the BYGO Free offer and Salesman brought out one of each. I heard the ones made in Mexico had less problems so he swapped the Canadian Storm with one made from Mexico. I hope neither of the Storms encounter any problems. Rumor, The ones made in Mexico where less likely to have the dust under screen issue.
    04-27-09 08:03 AM
    thanks for tje input...I'm going to tell the rep at Verizon I want one built in Mexico, not Canada
    04-27-09 08:58 AM
    Thanks to the OP for this question because I too am considering getting a Storm possibly in the near future. So mexico it is!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 07:30 PM
    I've only owned ones from Mexico. First one kept rebooting so I sent it back and got another one from Mexico and it didn't reboot like it did before. Other then that, no issues from Mexico made Storms.
    04-27-09 08:20 PM
    I have a launch day storm that was built in Mexico that is working without any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD