I want to upgrade from an 8330 Curve. I'm pretty sure I want to stick with BB so I wanted to get some opinions about these 2 phones. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    04-08-10 06:54 PM
    I have been pretty happy with my Tour so far. I have had it for a couple months, also upgraded from and 8330. Sometimes I get curious about the Storm 2, so I may find one on Ebay and switch back and forth when I get bored LOL.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the input. It's my understanding that the Tour is more functional while the Storm 2 is more a play phone. On the surface, the Storm 2 seems superior, huge touch screen, wifi, 16 gig sd card pre-installed. But I worry about functionality. I know there were major problems with the first storm that seem to be fixed. But is the Storm 2 a BlackBerry a toy?
    04-08-10 07:24 PM
    Thanks for the input. It's my understanding that the Tour is more functional while the Storm 2 is more a play phone. On the surface, the Storm 2 seems superior, huge touch screen, wifi, 16 gig sd card pre-installed. But I worry about functionality. I know there were major problems with the first storm that seem to be fixed. But is the Storm 2 a BlackBerry a toy?
    Go to a corporate store and play with both. Large touchscreen + wifi vs. faster performance and physical keyboard on the Tour.

Really it comes down to whether you want a real keyboard or not.

I have the Storm, like it a lot, but when the NE2 comes up, will be getting the Bold (hopefully it's out by then!) because, big screen or not, I miss a real keyboard.
    04-08-10 07:36 PM
    I went from a tour to an s2. Play toy? No. I had a learning curve on the tour and there is a learning curve with this phone. Play with them both and see how you feel. I thought I would not like a touch screen but I'm getting used to it.

04-08-10 09:24 PM
    Go to a corporate store and play with both. Large touchscreen + wifi vs. faster performance and physical keyboard on the Tour.

Really it comes down to whether you want a real keyboard or not.

I have the Storm, like it a lot, but when the NE2 comes up, will be getting the Bold (hopefully it's out by then!) because, big screen or not, I miss a real keyboard.
    Deep down inside, I think this is the real issue. I can't imagine a smart fone w/o a keyboard. It's like yeah, the Storm 2 can do all of this, but where's the keyboard??? The iphone is another beast that I won't get into and its not an option right now anyway, so moving along...

I've been looking at the DROID and that looks like a really nice fone. Touch screen and (true) QWERTY keyboard. I haven't looked at all the apps or anything and I don't know if it can be customized to the level my 8330 is but I'm assuming they have just as many apps. That's my major concern the the Droid. My BB is my companion. It might as well be surgically implanted into my hip. I can't imagine life without BrickBreaker ! And no BBM?
    04-08-10 09:33 PM
    I went from a tour to an s2. Play toy? No. I had a learning curve on the tour and there is a learning curve with this phone. Play with them both and see how you feel. I thought I would not like a touch screen but I'm getting used to it.

That's what my gut says. It's still a Berry. The S2 has some good reviews. It seems like RIM fixed most of the problems in the S1. That's the one I'm leaning towards. If I don't like it, I would honestly have no problem going back to my curve. I really have no need to upgrade as my 8330 is everything I could ever want or realistically need in a hand held device, but hey, I'll try a new fone for a hundred bucks. I might fall in love all over again.
    04-08-10 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD