I have no problems with my Storm now with .148 i like it a lot. I've gotten use to typing on it and the issue of speed doesn't really affect me any longer.

With both the Tour AND the Storm 2 coming out i can not decide which one i will love more as i've grown to love a blackberry via touch or non-touch.

is anyone else having a hard time deciding what one to upgrade to?

the only downfall to the Tour is lack of WiFi... and the Storm 2 is going to be much improved so i'm kinda like....ehhhh and then with OS 5.0 will most applications n' such be ready by july when the Tour is released? as far as compatibility?

If the Storm is as improved as i hear... would it then become the ultimate blackberry? if the screen is going to be like the iphones that means it'll be easy to type on plus WiFi and 1XEV and the best camera and bla bla bla...

anyone else in this boat?
    06-17-09 02:08 AM
    The tour imo is the storm without touch which causes less problems and I guess more ram but touch is easier for me so I think I will go with storm 2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 02:44 AM
    If the Storm is as improved as i hear... would it then become the ultimate blackberry?
    Thats the point, and the wonderful thing about having many different models - your ultimate blackberry doesn't have to be the same as mine. Even if the Storm 2 improved all of that, it wouldn't be my ultimate.

And I think thats exactly the problem to begin with, is that everyone is looking for that ultimate device, when technology changes so rapidly... If you're holding out for some magical device that never has any issues and is everything you ever dreamed a phone to be - you will be disappointed. Everytime. Because six months or less after you bought the last latest-and-greatest thing, something else will come out that will top it. That's the danger of the bandwagon.

Enjoy your Storm - sounds like you love it. When the Storm 2 comes out, if it will better meet your needs, upgrade. That would be my advice.
    06-17-09 06:59 AM
    I like the storm so I would probably go with the storm2
    06-17-09 07:13 AM
    Get the Tour. The lack of WiFi should not be a problem with Verizon so long as you live/work/use the phone where there's good coverage.

I would not touch a Storm until it works properly as a phone since my livelehood depends on this.

Wait until the Storm 2 hits the market and see if there are holws of discontent in the forums here before you buy one.
    06-17-09 07:19 AM
    Storm 2 for me. To used to touvh screen now.
    06-17-09 07:30 AM
    Thats the point, and the wonderful thing about having many different models - your ultimate blackberry doesn't have to be the same as mine. Even if the Storm 2 improved all of that, it wouldn't be my ultimate.

And I think thats exactly the problem to begin with, is that everyone is looking for that ultimate device, when technology changes so rapidly... If you're holding out for some magical device that never has any issues and is everything you ever dreamed a phone to be - you will be disappointed. Everytime. Because six months or less after you bought the last latest-and-greatest thing, something else will come out that will top it. That's the danger of the bandwagon.

Enjoy your Storm - sounds like you love it. When the Storm 2 comes out, if it will better meet your needs, upgrade. That would be my advice.

Nah, i know there is no ultimate device REALLY because you are right. i am just saying in terms of features and how the last few headsets have all missed one important feature or another
    06-17-09 09:30 AM
    I wouldn't choose either if they didn't have LTE. Two year contract starting in 2009 on a non LTE phone with LTE hitting in 2010? Suddenly that new BB is obsolete.

06-17-09 09:55 AM
    LTE may debut in 2010, but it certainly won't be widespread then. There aren't any phones with LTE capabilites that have been released yet, so why not get the best that you can get now.. tour, bold.. ?
    06-17-09 11:17 AM
    LTE may debut in 2010, but it certainly won't be widespread then. There aren't any phones with LTE capabilites that have been released yet, so why not get the best that you can get now.. tour, bold.. ?
    I beg to differ - it appears there will be around 25-30 MSAs with LTE & most will cut over within days of each other.

But let's look at it this way. Storm2 comes out in Q4. Within 6 months, those MSAs mentioned will be online with LTE and its enhanced services. You are an early adopter with a new 2nd edition Storm. Your area has LTE. How happy will you be?

Now, the Storm2 might have LTE capability. I doubt it, though. RIM is not known for beijng out front with their radios. A look at the current crop shows how many Rev A BlackBerry devices? What was the last smartphone to gain EDGE capabilities on GSM? The last to pick up 3G on any network?

It is quite possible we may not see an LTE BlackBerry for awhile yet - or RIM could surprise us by adding it to either the Storm2 or even the Tour.

I do know LTE tranceivers are being installed as we speak. The BlackBerry question, however, has not yet been answered. What will be interesting is people's reaction to having an expensive smartphone that is slower than many dumbphones within a year.
    In a nutshell - LTE looks to be widespread enough to make or break a lot of folks' moods.

06-17-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD