08-21-09 12:29 PM
76 1234
tools
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    08-19-09 05:27 PM
    Play nice children! Don't make me bring out the mod stick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 06:30 PM
    We've been here before - I've been accused of being RicanMedic, LarryGump & even Slingbox, posting devil's advocate to enhance my stature. Those folks would sure be surprised to find out they were me. I have better things to do than talk to myself on a trivial Internet site, much less create multiple accounts to acheive that exercise in futility.

Find some other boogeyman to lift you out of your self-inflicted feelings of inadequacy.

thats the first I heard this. How dare someone assume I might be you! ughhhh, the thought!
    08-19-09 09:41 PM
    I actually had hope for this thread. 3 whole pages and no fighting. I get out of work early and find the same old fighting about who is right and who is wrong with no REAL proof from either side, because there is none to be had until the phone is out. Well it has been fun but I am out of this. This conversation went from constructive to destructive in a hurry.

To all of you who believe the Storm 2 will have wifi, I hope you get what you want. I really do. I however will continue to doubt it until the phone is on the shelf in the store. Then I will know it to be fact or fiction.
    08-19-09 09:52 PM
    I actually had hope for this thread. 3 whole pages and no fighting. I get out of work early and find the same old fighting about who is right and who is wrong with no REAL proof from either side, because there is none to be had until the phone is out. Well it has been fun but I am out of this. This conversation went from constructive to destructive in a hurry.

To all of you who believe the Storm 2 will have wifi, I hope you get what you want. I really do. I however will continue to doubt it until the phone is on the shelf in the store. Then I will know it to be fact or fiction.
    Doubt not my young crackberry friend!

For wifi will come! One must believe!!! And the Berry will answer!
    08-19-09 10:28 PM
    Verizon’s upcoming BlackBerry releases: Tour, Pearl Flip, Atlas Storm 2 info : Boy Genius Report

I know yesterday I said rim i mean vzw but here is the article enjoy.
    08-20-09 02:00 PM
    Verizons upcoming BlackBerry releases: Tour, Pearl Flip, Atlas Storm 2 info : Boy Genius Report

I know yesterday I said rim i mean vzw but here is the article enjoy.
    You can't go by what BGR says. They claimed the Tour would have wifi to. I have seen them turn out to be wrong on many things.

08-20-09 02:11 PM
    You can't go by what BGR says. They claimed the Tour would have wifi to. I have seen them turn out to be wrong on many things.

as i remember they said sprint would have a second release of the tour with wifi.
    08-20-09 03:39 PM
    ha ha I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-20-09 07:12 PM

I never saw that one bro... They've said fromt he beginning that every CDMA blackberry "after" the Tour will be wifi.

Granted, I've seen them wrong in the past on small things, but for the most part, their news is usually pretty close to on track. And afterward, CB follows with the same news as well.

So with the exception of the name "atlas," they didnt do a bad job on info given that article became public months back
    08-20-09 09:26 PM
    as i remember they said sprint would have a second release of the tour with wifi.
    I never saw that one bro... They've said fromt he beginning that every CDMA blackberry "after" the Tour will be wifi.

Granted, I've seen them wrong in the past on small things, but for the most part, their news is usually pretty close to on track. And afterward, CB follows with the same news as well.

So with the exception of the name "atlas," they didnt do a bad job on info given that article became public months back
    Well you all didn't go back far enough. I was positive they said it was going to have it.

BlackBerry Storm internal product positioning, marketing points, BlackBerry Apex : Boy Genius Report

You need to remember that BGR is only quoting their sources. Do you know who their sources are? They also said it was going to have OS 4.6, then they switched a little later and said 5.0. Then a little later they threw out 4.7 as a possibility. I have seen Crucial Extreme blast BGR for posting incorrect info on Blacberry related stuff.
    08-20-09 09:52 PM
    Well you all didn't go back far enough. I was positive they said it was going to have it.

BlackBerry Storm internal product positioning, marketing points, BlackBerry Apex : Boy Genius Report

You need to remember that BGR is only quoting their sources. Do you know who their sources are? They also said it was going to have OS 4.6, then they switched a little later and said 5.0. Then a little later they threw out 4.7 as a possibility. I have seen Crucial Extreme blast BGR for posting incorrect info on Blacberry related stuff.
    yea... that one is bad! lol
    08-20-09 10:41 PM
    IMO wifi isn't near as exciting as some of the other things that the S2 is rumored to have. Check out the Storm 2 thread and read up on the screen/truepress talk
    08-20-09 11:09 PM
    I've read it. Screen looks very promising. But I dont think it should be placed against wifi. The new touch screen is great in the UI departmnt, wifi is great in its own right for connectivity options, especially on a global scale and also the fact that it will be the first of its kind in the CDMA line. In the end, its apples and oranges...
    08-20-09 11:18 PM
    I've read it. Screen looks very promising. But I dont think it should be placed against wifi. The new touch screen is great in the UI departmnt
    No its lots more then looks, its functionality. Its supposed to greatly improve the typing experience. I don't know about you but I type on my bb everyday and that is what I have against touchscreen is the KB. Give me a good KB on a big screen like the Storm and thats a big WIN, way bigger win then using wifi once a month. I'd like wifi to but only because I like lots of options. I wouldn't use wifi that much, but thats just me, I know other people have different needs.
    08-20-09 11:45 PM
    No its lots more then looks, its functionality. Its supposed to greatly improve the typing experience. I don't know about you but I type on my bb everyday and that is what I have against touchscreen is the KB. Give me a good KB on a big screen like the Storm and thats a big WIN, way bigger win then using wifi once a month. I'd like wifi to but only because I like lots of options. I wouldn't use wifi that much, but thats just me, I know other people have different needs.
    hey look, I hear ya on the UI. But remember, everyone will use their BB differently and for different purposes and in different places. You are one that may just need wifi once a month, if that. And thats fine. Its never been about the one person, its about the entire functionality of the phone for the masses.

Look at bluetooth for example. Most people use it most while driving. Suppose you don't drive a car and have no use for a bluetooth headset. Would you say that bluetooth should be a lesser edition simply because "you" alone have no need for it? Another example... Are you prepared to say that having a gsm radio and calling the device global is not a big deal simply because "you" don't travel? I think you get my point.

See, I know you support wifi so I get what you mean. But what my point is, don't try to downplay the importance of it as a connectivity option simply because your personal needs may not require it as much.
    08-21-09 12:05 AM
    but despite everything, like you, I'm also very excited about checking out out this screen works
    08-21-09 12:06 AM
    From what I have read the UI will stay the same. Its the OS that determines the UI. This whole haptic feedback with the screen not pushing when its off and pushing in when its on sounds very interesting and supposedly the screen won't be just a big "button" anymore but more of a button where you push. There's a lot of speculation going on and if half of its true then its gonna be a winner. This new screen tech is supposedly why RIM has been pulling all the videos.

Oh and about the wifi I'm not arguing the point of wifi at all. There's a lot of noise coming from more sources then BGR that its going have it. Its just that the one poster said it came from VZ then posted a link from BGR. If it ends up and don't have it there will need to be some explanations from lots of people lol. I haven't heard from any "concrete" source that its going to have it only from internet and forum sites. If there has been some solid proof please show me, I'm all ears.. er eyes.
    08-21-09 12:27 AM
    I wonder if the screen is a sort of "soft" button rather than a hard one with a suspention underneath. I think its strange that it doesnt click when its off and then clicks when its on. Interesting to find out how that one works! But in any case, its revolutionary in my book as well

I just have a small fear that it will get a lot of rave reviews that only come crashing down after months of use. Especially with customers that demand so much from this thing. Lets not forget how S1 started off. Won tech awards for innovation, everyone liked and supported the hardware at launch. Then after months, the opposition grew to what we have to day. Even though a lot of it is software related, the entire device caught a bad wrap both hardware and software wise.
    08-21-09 12:39 AM
    Would you really tell the person on the other line "wait, I've got mail! I must send off an email, hold on!"??? Email is not 911, it can wait.
    08-21-09 01:01 AM
    Would you really tell the person on the other line "wait, I've got mail! I must send off an email, hold on!"??? Email is not 911, it can wait.
    Not all the time. For the business user it can be really handy. For example I had somebody call me today and ask for my email address, they needed to send me a set of plans. He sent them while we talked but we couldn't discuss them because I was on the phone with him. That means hang up download the attachment review them then call back. Not a deal breaker in this case but just plain unhandy. I could give many other different examples

08-21-09 01:23 AM
    Not all the time. For the business user it can be really handy. For example I had somebody call me today and ask for my email address, they needed to send me a set of plans. He sent them while we talked but we couldn't discuss them because I was on the phone with him. That means hang up download the attachment review them then call back. Not a deal breaker in this case but just plain unhandy. I could give many other different examples

I can too. There are a few times it would be very beneficial.

08-21-09 01:29 AM
    I can too. There are a few times it would be very beneficial.

Agreed. And even sending test emails for customer's while they are on their phone this would be huge. Now, we have to hang up send an email, send service books, and data has to be done while off the phone so I see it being very beneficial
    08-21-09 09:00 AM

thank you I had a hard enough time finding the one while trying to work
    08-21-09 09:22 AM
    Currently, the Storm 2 for Verizon Wireless will not have wifi connectivity. Some testers had it but connectivity suffered and component contracts were not fulfilled. At the current time, that is all I can divulge.

08-21-09 09:36 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD