So, I have a 9550, and I have horrible static during calls.... It started after I upgraded to the .713 OS from Verizon.

Now, my question is; What will they do to fix it? Am I going to get the usual "we'll send you a refurbished one"? Or will they change me to a different BB... I don't really care either way, I am only curious because I read that the 9550 is getting EOL soon... I believe it is still under warranty, as it came out october last year, and its only August...

And btw, I have tried every OS available for the S2, and I still get the static. I have wiped the phone many times, done numerous battery pulls, but its still there.... This is the first one I have had, it has never been replaced, and I have done less than 5 battery pulls on it since I have gotten it. I love this phone, but this static is unbearable.

I appreciate any constructive, and helpful replies.
    08-08-10 10:33 PM
    As far as I know, they will send you a refurb. If you wanted to wait a little bit, you may try and hold on until they start running completely out of stock and then go in for a warranty replacement and try to the the S3, or possibly the Bold if you tell them you really want OS6.
    08-08-10 10:42 PM
    Does the static also come through when you put it on speakerphone?
    08-08-10 10:59 PM
    For warranty exchanges, you'll get the same phone you purchased.
    08-08-10 11:14 PM
    For warranty exchanges, you'll get the same phone you purchased.
    Thats what I have always thought as well, but people are posting left and right saying they got their phones switched..

And no, the static does not come through when its on speakerphone. It is the physical speaker itself, not the network. Already looked into the problem and done everything everyone has said to try
    08-08-10 11:23 PM
    As far as I know, they will send you a refurb. If you wanted to wait a little bit, you may try and hold on until they start running completely out of stock and then go in for a warranty replacement and try to the the S3, or possibly the Bold if you tell them you really want OS6.
    I have thought about that, but I am not really picky about what phone I get. I just want this annoying sound gone.

I wouldn't mind a new phone, but I'm not really in a hurry to... I'm not gonna go breaking my phone and coming up with fake problems like people did when the S2 first came out

But I get what you are saying.. I would like OS6 because it looks awesome, but Like I said, I'll live without it :P

My upgrade is coming up soon anyway.. Thats another reason I am not too picky whether I get a different BB, or the same one..
    08-08-10 11:26 PM
    Not sure how involved you want to get. I have insurance on my phone and it's less than 1 year old, but I am happy with the all that I have on it, so I took it apart and removed some foreign matter off the speaker and everything is back to normal. There are threads with pictures and instructions in the 9550 section.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
    08-09-10 12:08 AM
    Thought about it, but I don't think its a case of there being particles on the speaker, seeing as it only started doing this after I updated to .713 recently... It is more the sound of a blown speaker, but I keep the volume at half all the time...
    08-09-10 12:19 AM
    Just get the replacement. Lucky for you the replacement will not work as well and it will give you more of a leverage to convince Verizon to stop sending you refurb units and just to send you the next new option they have...that's what I did when I upgraded from S1 to S2...
    08-09-10 04:47 PM
    Went to the store today, and they had only 1 S2 left with the .607 OS on it, and they basically said not to update it.....

That is a little ******** if you ask me, but oh well. I am just happy to have a phone that I can actually hear people with when they talk during a call....

Sure I wouldn't mind a Bold, but oh well... I will wait and use my upgrade..
    08-10-10 01:54 AM
    Just get the replacement. Lucky for you the replacement will not work as well and it will give you more of a leverage to convince Verizon to stop sending you refurb units and just to send you the next new option they have...that's what I did when I upgraded from S1 to S2...
    Why wont it work as well? This is the attitude that creates new policies. If you set yourself up thinking that the phone is going to fail, it will. It doesnt matter if it works perfectly, you will have it in your head that it doesnt and you will complain and expect the world handed to you for free.

The replacements that get sent out(for the most part) are quality replacements that solve the problem.
    08-12-10 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD