05-30-09 12:53 PM
66 123
tools
    No palm Pre for VZW till at least 2010.

Sprint Confirms Pre Exclusivity Through 2009
    Today, 8:14 AM by Eric M. Zeman
    Source Phonescoop.com

Sprint briefly clarified the longevity of its exclusive deal to sell the Palm Pre. Sprint spokesman James Fisher said, "We have the Pre through 2009."
    05-29-09 03:46 PM
    No palm Pre for VZW till at least 2010.
    The articles all say "about six months."

It is the last weekend before the dawn of June - January is seven months off, which could be thought of as "about six months."

But this also doesn't take into account the exclusive supposedly has an escape clause for Palm - I hear if Sprint doesn't sell enough, Palm can and will yank the exclusive.

I've also heard the number is pretty aggressive, and some within VZW think they may get the Pre as early as August.

Rumor is an interesting beast, no?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:50 PM
    Palm would have been better off giving it to VZ first. They have 30 million more customers. But I've heard that Palm and VZ aren't best friends.

VZ is in an interesting position. Sprint has the Pre, TMO has android, ATT has iphone. What "killer phone" does VZ have? The Storm??

Maybe VZ doesn't need a phone like that. They have the lowest churn and do very well with gaining subs. I wonder if they are trying tho, there has been rumors that VZ is in talks with Nokia, Microsoft (the "Pink" phone) and Apple.
    05-29-09 05:58 PM
    Carry a Microsoft phone, I am there.

Just not in Pink, thank you very much.

05-29-09 06:00 PM
    With or without the trade in I will be upgrading to the Storm 2. I love the iPhone...but AT&T in San Antonio Tx has horrible coverage...too many dropped calls. Verizon rocks so the Storm 2 it shall be. For now I will be satisfied with the the OS upgrade coming on Sunday.
    05-29-09 06:03 PM
    Never said anything about time. As you well know aboiut VZW by now in your position, they never release dates in these type of articles. Phonescoop just stated yesterday that ENV 3 is being released today. This is same time frame that call center reps got the info.

Even in info manager the picture was there, all it said was coming soon. Yesterday it release is today.

The point of post was just to show that tour was mentioned. As of yesterday, neither Tour, Storm 2, or Flip Pearl are showing as coming soon.
    It's been in info manager for a little over a week, if you click on support then launch package, it had the release date. The same with the Env Touch, due out June 10th, I think? Or so someone told me.
    05-29-09 06:03 PM
    It's been in info manager for a little over a week, if you click on support then launch package, it had the release date. The same with the Env Touch, due out June 10th, I think? Or so someone told me.
    I do not trust those dates. launch packages are developed with that date in mind, but murphy strikes form time to time and there goes that date. As for the touch June 5th
    05-29-09 06:22 PM
    I do not trust those dates. launch packages are developed with that date in mind, but murphy strikes form time to time and there goes that date. As for the touch June 5th

I agree with this launch dates change way to often when there just "speculation" and not official..
    05-29-09 06:31 PM
    I agree with this launch dates change way to often when there just "speculation" and not official..
    Yeah, but the launch packages usually only come out about a week before launch. Usually it's pretty accurate, unless something ******** happens at the last minute.
    05-29-09 06:42 PM
    Yeah, but the launch packages usually only come out about a week before launch. Usually it's pretty accurate, unless something ******** happens at the last minute.
    AHH see im not familiar with what a launchpackage is.

My assumption was that it was created sometime during the process of development kind of like a "estimated date of release" well before its done.

I guess now that I understand

thanks
    05-29-09 06:43 PM
    I just wait till it happens. Then we really know
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-29-09 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo
    05-29-09 06:49 PM
    I just wait till it happens. Thjen we really know

Yes I know but I just dig and dig for more information. I think quite a few people are excited about this device and they don't even know its coming out hahaha
    05-29-09 06:51 PM
    I just wait till it happens. Thjen we really know
    ______
    True!
    05-29-09 06:55 PM
    With or without the trade in I will be upgrading to the Storm 2. I love the iPhone...but AT&T in San Antonio Tx has horrible coverage...too many dropped calls.
    Interesting - I believe AT&T claims strong coverage there. Of course, that us AT&T's claim.

I do know VZW is good there.

05-29-09 09:40 PM
    great verizon we need variety, i will love to play with the pre on verizon.
    05-29-09 11:15 PM
    great verizon we need variety, i will love to play with the pre on verizon.
    It will happen, but most likely not till after the first of the year, as Sprint has the exclusive till the end of 2009.
    05-30-09 12:53 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD