05-30-09 11:53 AM
66 123
tools
    this is great news, storm 2 and palm pre, verizon is finally getting with the program..
    05-28-09 01:23 PM
    well as long as they don't cripple it, and get rid of or update that vz navigator.
    05-28-09 01:25 PM
    I wonder how many different times and how many subforums this will get posted in.
    Probably a sh-it ton, wanna hold hands and make our own?
    05-28-09 01:29 PM
    Verizon also announced they are going to be getting Android devices too.

I really love my Berry, but as the tech geek I am love to try out different phones. Between the Tour, Storm 2, Pre, and Android phones all coming soon, and LTE coming in a couple-few years I am in heaven right now.
    Yeah, its also good for consumers. Competition=better handset selection for us all. Verizon is finally coming around.
    05-28-09 01:32 PM
    i taddled and made them close all the other ones, and they moved this to the VZW forum...
    05-28-09 01:32 PM
    i taddled and made them close all the other ones, and they moved this to the VZW forum...
    And I guess the mods don't have the ability to merge threads.

Waiting for the VZW Pre at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:45 PM
    i suspect that they're bogged down with all of the reporting of flames and inappropriate user names and threads in wrong forums and multiple threads with same topic. i've become quite the CB taddleberry
    05-28-09 01:46 PM
    i've become quite the CB taddleberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:59 PM
    you can just call me "Quincy"
    05-28-09 02:13 PM
    i suspect that they're bogged down with all of the reporting of flames and inappropriate user names and threads in wrong forums and multiple threads with same topic. i've become quite the CB taddleberry

I just got PM'd by a moderator that my signature didn't conform to the forum rules so, yes, they're very busy right now with important forum business.
    05-28-09 02:51 PM
    Ooooh - I thought I was the only person alive who remembered Quincy.

Still watch it in reruns.

The Pre would be good on VZW. An improved Storm is also a good thing - I worry because the original Storm did more to illustrate RIM's technical limitations than anything else. Touchscreens are a long distance outside RIM's comfort zone or level of expertise.

Android doesn't excite me - it seems more as a semi-failed poke in the eye of RIM & MS. I don't see a whole lot of interest much beyond the techies or the curious. In my mind, its primary lure is to pretty much the same types who would use Linux as their main OS on their computers. This isn't a bad thing - its just that these open or semi-open operating systems are not always the most capable or the most user-friendly.

It helps that I am completely anti-Googlecrap.

05-28-09 03:09 PM
    Ooooh - I thought I was the only person alive who remembered Quincy.

Still watch it in reruns.

The Pre would be good on VZW. An improved Storm is also a good thing - I worry because the original Storm did more to illustrate RIM's technical limitations than anything else. Touchscreens are a long distance outside RIM's comfort zone or level of expertise.

Android doesn't excite me - it seems more as a semi-failed poke in the eye of RIM & MS. I don't see a whole lot of interest much beyond the techies or the curious. In my mind, its primary lure is to pretty much the same types who would use Linux as their main OS on their computers. This isn't a bad thing - its just that these open or semi-open operating systems are not always the most capable or the most user-friendly.

It helps that I am completely anti-Googlecrap.

Look up the work HTC has done with the Hero device customizing the UI. It is just a start, but looks really interesting.

I am a techy, and a big supporter for Android (although I won't go T-Mo for it), and admit that right now it is highly unpolished, and very experimental. However, I really think the possibilities for it go far beyond what the other OS's support.
    05-28-09 03:32 PM
    I think it's great that FINALLY Verizon realizes it needs better phones and better platforms. Adding Android to their lineup is a huge step forward, and the Pre is looking to be a top-notch device. ****, the Storm 2 can be a pretty good contender too if RIM learned its lessons from the first one - and with the aforementioned Pre on the same network, RIM certainly better have or their second Storm might fizzle out quickly.
    05-28-09 03:45 PM
    "Don't discuss things that haven't been released yet, it puts Verizon Wireless at a competitive disadvantage."

How many times have I heard that? Then heres the CEO commenting on things that haven't been released yet .
    05-28-09 04:04 PM
    I can't believe with the announcement of the storm being farther out then the tour why did they not say anything about the tour!

I also can't believe that the PRE is only exclusive on sprint for that long..

I guess they just couldn't get it longer..
    05-28-09 05:13 PM
    I think that both Palm and Sprint are hurting. At first this will be a certain draw for some to Sprint and as for Palm, they need to get this product out to more than just one carrier. I hope for their sake, it is a good device.
    Last edited by lastraid; 05-28-09 at 05:36 PM.
    05-28-09 05:17 PM
    I think that both Palm and Sprint are hurting. At first this will a certain draw for some to Sprint and as for Palm, they need to get this product out to more than just one carrier. I hope for their sake, it is a good device.
    It is - and I can vouch for it with first-hand experience.

05-28-09 05:28 PM
    I can't believe with the announcement of the storm being farther out then the tour why did they not say anything about the tour!
    I hear ya there. I need some Tour love NOW! This curve is so ancient
    05-28-09 07:24 PM
    Mwahhaahhaa to all the people who thought it was coming out in JUNE. Tour for me, baby.
    And a double Mwahahhaaaaaaaaaa to you....nothing mentioned about the "Tour" at all.
    05-28-09 09:00 PM
    And a double Mwahahhaaaaaaaaaa to you....nothing mentioned about the "Tour" at all.
    Here is an article from a well aclaimed news source and it mentions the Tour.

NEWS ARTICLE
    05-28-09 09:39 PM
    I wish i had some Palm stocks yesterday...
    05-28-09 11:54 PM
    Engadget Post
    Verizon Wireless to carry Palm Pre, Storm 2 "in about six months"

Guess we'll see who truly is faithful to the Strom now...
    The Pre doesn't have enough screen real estate for me.
    Storm2 or back to Win Mo..........
    iphone? Don't think I would
    05-29-09 12:12 AM
    the article said the storm 2 will be released within six months. june is within six months!! lets go free storm 2 contest
    05-29-09 03:00 AM
    Here is an article from a well aclaimed news source and it mentions the Tour.

NEWS ARTICLE
    And it mentions the same statement repeated a million times over in the past 24 hours.........within the next six months.
    05-29-09 07:02 AM
    Never said anything about time. As you well know aboiut VZW by now in your position, they never release dates in these type of articles. Phonescoop just stated yesterday that ENV 3 is being released today. This is same time frame that call center reps got the info.

Even in info manager the picture was there, all it said was coming soon. Yesterday it release is today.

The point of post was just to show that tour was mentioned. As of yesterday, neither Tour, Storm 2, or Flip Pearl are showing as coming soon.
    05-29-09 07:29 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD