First off i hope its ok to post this here, idk where else to put it. I just got my gf storm2 on friday and we went yesterday to bb to have invishield put on it. Well lets start off by saying the best buy employee was pissed that we got the full body kit and started in on it..about half way through she was saying how much she hated these and this was only her second full body install...thrilled i was let me tell ya....so then she goes ill brb...she leaves with phone comes back and informs me that she wanted to get the bubbles out and dry it faster so she just used their shrink wrap heater to dry it faster..uh oh im thinking..so it looks ok and we go home. We put her phone up for the night to let it dry. Wake up this morning and notice the top part between screen and bezel is completely warped and sunken in. where the button to sleep is, its pushed in like someone hit it with a hammer because it has melted. Needless to say i was livid....so we return to best buy today and show them...the girl was there and embarrassed as can be....after a wait, they decided to replace the phone completely and since they are an authorized vzw dealer the warranty still kicked in. Whew what a hassle for a stupid screen protector. Just an fyi, make sure someone who puts it on for you is willing and knowledgeable.
    03-14-10 06:39 PM
    The top part of the screen on the top left is sunken in many phones for the Storm2. It's nothing wrong with the phone but it's just the build quality. It isn't the lady who installed the invisible shield lol. Most of the new phones that are refurbished have more even screens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-10 06:52 PM
    well it wasnt that way when we received phone. Plus the top part was pulling away from the bezel as well too. Maybe i didnt clarify myself enough but the phone was in different condition after having it installed. It wasnt a refurb phone either.
    03-14-10 06:58 PM
    just put the covers on yourself. there extreamly easy to do. I've installed I.S and Phantomskinz on a handful of phones and never thought they were hard to do. Plus when you do it yourself, you know there done right
    03-14-10 08:30 PM
    invisibleSHIELD includes a application solution and install squeegee for easy installation yourself. If you get another, buy it online as you will save money compared to Best Buy.
    03-14-10 08:38 PM
    they just refunded my money for install and im planning on doing it myself. Just thought it was a bit crazy that she heated it so hot to melt it.
    03-14-10 08:59 PM
    they just refunded my money for install and im planning on doing it myself. Just thought it was a bit crazy that she heated it so hot to melt it.
    yeah, well thats what you get when a Best buy lady does somethign she doesnt know how to do. Thats why its always safe to do woek on the phone yourself so you know its done right. If she heated up the phone so much to melt, I wonder how the software inside the phone looked!

just remember when installing these covers... TAKE YOUR TIME!
    03-15-10 07:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD