So I am going to the UK and Germany next week and I have set up the International Package. My question is, am I allowed to keep my phone on the whole day or will I be charged International roaming charges (the verizon person could not answer this), also do I need to change my Network Technology from Global to GSM/UMTS or is it still fine on Global. I don't want to go to Europe and find that I have been charged just for having my phone on for roaming. Thanks in advance.

Update: Also, is Verizon CDMA in the US and when I switch to GSM with the SIM card in Europe does that mean that I will use any European carriers GSM network, thus giving me free International roaming, but still paying for calls and texts?
    Last edited by GoBlue8; 09-09-10 at 05:52 PM. Reason: asking an additional question
    09-09-10 05:38 PM
    So I am going to the UK and Germany next week and I have set up the International Package. My question is, am I allowed to keep my phone on the whole day or will I be charged International roaming charges (the verizon person could not answer this).....
    You are not charged roaming fees, so you can have the phone on and not get charged for anything. Only for the calls you make and recieve.

also do I need to change my Network Technology from Global to GSM/UMTS or is it still fine on Global. I don't want to go to Europe and find that I have been charged just for having my phone on for roaming.
    You can leave it on Global, Global detects both CDMA and GSM. But if you have the urge to set it to GSM, please go at it, it will still work, just not here in the US, so change it back.

Update: Also, is Verizon CDMA in the US and when I switch to GSM with the SIM card in Europe does that mean that I will use any European carriers GSM network, thus giving me free International roaming, but still paying for calls and texts?
    You will need to have your phone unlocked to use another carrier SIM, so call Global Services: 1-800-711-8300. If you do use another SIM though, you will be paying the rates for other carrier, nothing will be charged to you by VZW.

Hope that helps.
    09-10-10 03:02 AM
    Thanks for the quick answers, I am actually leaving for Europe in 3 hours so it was great to find this out before I left.
    09-10-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD