So it seems my tour is starting to flake out on me. I'm an extremely heavy data user and tend to abuse my berry's. This is my fifth or sixth berry, i've lost count.

So anyways, I'm thinking of actually signing a contract with verizon (god help me) but i see there is an EOL for both of these phones, bold/storm 2..

So with that said, should i dive off the deep end and get a new device, or should i just try to make my tour work longer?

the tour has served me well, but given that im such a heavy user of the phones, including extremely heavy use of mobile broadband, but im not sure if i should get either of these phones since they are very close/past EOL.

i had a previous storm1 device, and it had massive issues including screen lag or not registering keystrokes, so i dont want to get the storm2 and experience the same issues.

So, in short, which device should i get?
    11-27-10 02:57 AM
    If you already use the Tour and you like the keyboard and form factor, get the Bold. That's my suggestion...my other one is-make up your own mind; only you know what you want.
    11-27-10 04:25 AM
    If you already use the Tour and you like the keyboard and form factor, get the Bold. That's my suggestion...my other one is-make up your own mind; only you know what you want.
    well i actually like both formats. i like the touchscreen format but i also like the keyboard, but i will admit, the tour's keyboard is smaller than what im normally used to, coming from an 8830 and an 8700c(att).. having fat thumbs doesnt work well on these smaller keyboards lol.

i just dont want to get the storm2 and have some of the same issues i ran into with the storm1.. screen lags, doesnt register taps or clicks, software hangs, phone switching into 1xev (note the case, its not the 1XEV, which is the 3g), not getting phone calls, etc.
    11-27-10 04:36 AM
    Please just get the bold.
    You'll enjoy it more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 07:51 AM
    With the Bold, you'll also enjou OS6. The Storm 2 is running 5.0.0.1015 or something like that since it won't get 6. If you liked the keyboard on the 8330, there is always the 9330 (Curve 3G).

11-27-10 10:44 AM
    With the Bold, you'll also enjou OS6. The Storm 2 is running 5.0.0.1015 or something like that since it won't get 6. If you liked the keyboard on the 8330, there is always the 9330 (Curve 3G).

but doesnt OS6 have some bugs in it? The last thing i need are more headaches with bugs. i downgraded my os last night to fix a bug that was in the new wireless update release from vzw with the browser dameon error 57.

ive really thought bout the storm2 more because i want to get another touch screen, just dont want/hope it doesnt have the same issues as storm1.

please see this thread for details of my first storm1 nightmare, and this thread for even more of the errors i was also having.
    11-27-10 01:27 PM
    I just switched to verizon and got the storm 2. My gf got the bold but that's cause she doesn't like touchscreens. I will tell you that I haven't had ANY issues with my s2. I love it!

11-27-10 02:19 PM
    I don't have any major bugs with OS6. I'm currently running 6.0.0.357. But I was refering more to that the Bold will eventually get an official OS6. The Storm 2 will always have 5 and no higher because of the lack of memory.

11-27-10 05:23 PM
    evillash do you use the mobile broadband feature? thats where 99% of my problems started with the storm1, and i dont want those again with either the storm2 or bold.

anybody a heavy user of mobile broadband with these two phones?
    11-27-10 06:55 PM
    I can tell you my daughter has the S2, and I would say she uses of her bb-ALOT. She's FB'ing all the time and uses bbm like theres no tomorrow-lol. I'm not going to lie to you and say everything is just dandy, her bb does freeze sometimes, not often, but i think it happens alot when she doesnt clear her cache out often enough. She will do a batt pull once every week or two just to keep it "fresh" and when I get a chance, I go thru her bb and clean things up she may have missed. she is still learning. But other than that, she loves the touch screen and overall the way it functions. If you are capable to adjust to an all touch bb, I would say you'll enjoy it. I currently have the 8330 for the past 2+yrs, and like you Ive been thinking about the Bold 9650 or the S2. Personally, idk how much patience i would have for an all touch bb (but i like using my daughters when given chance), so for myself Im leaning towards the Bold 9650, which i also hear is a very nice bb.

So, basically what it comes down to, is what you will prefer and what you will enjoy. People can post and give their opinions/experience with the devices, but you are the one that has to really decide what you want. Perhaps make a list of the pros/cons of the 2 bb's and compare to see what will most likely work best for you good luck with your decision!
    paramedic18 likes this.
    11-27-10 08:35 PM
    well i used the storm1 and i liked the touchscreen other than the issues described in the previous post. If those issues have been fixed then id consider going back to touchscreen. The only reason i got out of the s1 was because of those issues. if it would have worked properly i would have stayed with it.

Basically i just want to make sure im not switching into a problem phone is all. either format is fine, just dont want the 2 months of **** again..

I can tell you my daughter has the S2, and I would say she uses of her bb-ALOT. She's FB'ing all the time and uses bbm like theres no tomorrow-lol. I'm not going to lie to you and say everything is just dandy, her bb does freeze sometimes, not often, but i think it happens alot when she doesnt clear her cache out often enough. She will do a batt pull once every week or two just to keep it "fresh" and when I get a chance, I go thru her bb and clean things up she may have missed. she is still learning. But other than that, she loves the touch screen and overall the way it functions. If you are capable to adjust to an all touch bb, I would say you'll enjoy it. I currently have the 8330 for the past 2+yrs, and like you Ive been thinking about the Bold 9650 or the S2. Personally, idk how much patience i would have for an all touch bb (but i like using my daughters when given chance), so for myself Im leaning towards the Bold 9650, which i also hear is a very nice bb.

So, basically what it comes down to, is what you will prefer and what you will enjoy. People can post and give their opinions/experience with the devices, but you are the one that has to really decide what you want. Perhaps make a list of the pros/cons of the 2 bb's and compare to see what will most likely work best for you good luck with your decision!
    11-27-10 08:43 PM
    As for signal issues with the 1xev,1XEV, etc., she does not have issues like that, unless we hit a "dead zone" It also depends on where you are located and how strong a signal is.

As for the freezing, lagging, etc., like I posted above, yea sometimes it happens. But not very often, keeping in mind my daughter isnt a power user either. She benefits from FB'ing, bbm'ing all the time. She uses her email to upload pix for fb, but thats about it. I hope this has helped you a bit as far as the S2 goes, and perhaps someone else will pop in here to post about it as well
    11-27-10 09:01 PM
    the area i live in is VERY well covered by vzw and my workplace has a vzw BDA which provides 100% coverage in the building, and i was running into those issues.
    11-27-10 11:15 PM
    Having used a Storm1, Storm2 AND a Bold, I can say that the Bold is far and away the best of the 3, BUT the Storm2 is MUCH better than the Storm1. Still if it were me I would get the Bold and I would put 6.0 on it ASAP!
    11-27-10 11:40 PM
    i guess i dont understand whats so special about os6? sorry to sound dumb but i have kinda dropped outta the loop of blackberry's since they are so slow to release anything decent. to me the storm1 WAS something decent when it launched, so.. that tells ya how long ive been out of the loop.
    11-27-10 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD