I bought a Storm 2 right when they came out but its acting up, random resets, screen becoming unresponsive, app world freezing it up. I have insurance and I'm taking it to the store tomorrow and I was wondering if I could return it for another type of phone, aka the motorola droid?

thanks
    01-13-10 08:50 PM
    Are you over the 30 days? If you are, then you cannot exchange it. VZW will trouble shoot the device and if required, exchange it.
    01-13-10 08:54 PM
    You have to be in the 30 day WFG to exchange it for a different device. If you are outside the 30 day, you get the same phone whether its warranty or insurance.
    01-13-10 08:54 PM
    Also insurance will not cover a manufactures warr issue.
    01-13-10 08:56 PM
    thanks guys, this is why i asked.

"Device Exchange Program

If you're having a problem with your device, just contact Verizon Wireless toll–free at 1.866.406.5154 from a landline phone. We'll diagnose the issue with you right over the phone. If we cannot resolve the problem while you're on the line and the problem is caused by a manufacturing defect within the first year you own the device, we'll send you a Certified Like–New Replacement (either a like unit or one of comparable quality) right to your door at no cost to you."

either a like unit or one of comparable quality, thats why i thought i could exchange it for a different phone.
    01-13-10 09:03 PM
    Only if there is no Storm 2. Don't worry there is. And if there wasn't you will not get a Droid, it's not a like device. Buyers remorse is not a warranty issue.
    01-13-10 09:07 PM
    haha okay, thank you
    01-13-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD