01-02-10 04:27 PM
42 12
tools
    Wait.....are you trying to say that you need an embedded PC card for a MIFI to work? Are you kidding me? It connects via WIFI. haha, joke.
    I'm guessing that the customer's laptop didn't have a build in wireless card...not aircard but an actual wireless (wifi) card.
    12-31-09 01:20 PM
    Wait.....are you trying to say that you need an embedded PC card for a MIFI to work? Are you kidding me? It connects via WIFI. haha, joke.
    He said wireless card, so I think he meant embedded WiFi card not PC card. I have had this call before. Someone calls in with the MiFi and they can't connect because they have an old laptop that does not have a WiFi card.
    12-31-09 01:20 PM
    Ive had to correct this on a couple of occassions. Customer gets mifi and brings it home thinking that it will magically connect... but they have no wifi card. Honestly its as easy as $25-$30 for a wifi card but You would think its safe to assume when you buy a mifi or aircard in general that its for a laptop or some such. Thats why store reps need to ask. I get a LOT of customers who use them on PC's.
    Its all in the questions you ask and there should be MANDITORY questions you ask.
    12-31-09 02:20 PM
    And all of this is the responsibility of? VZW.

The customer is stuck in the middle while one "team" tosses the ignorant customer back and forth. I pity the ignorant who have to rely on "support".

The commission may not be much, but it would be funny to videotape the body language of a sales person during a "sale" vs when a customer comes in asking questions "post-sale". Hilarious I tell you.

Not blaming the sales reps, again this is the eco system vzw has set up and the fish are responding to the environment. The sales people are focusing on the activity that is rewarded. No surprise.

Obviously good customer experience isn't putting food on the table so guess what, a customer only gets a good experience to the extent the sales rep is willing to "sacrifice" income to provide it. This is upside down. Unless your customer base is beholden to you and vzw considers them lucky that they were allowed to be customers. Given the damage iPhone has caused at&t's reputation, this might be the case. Come on Apple bring the iPhone to V. Let's see if historically cheap red really has the backhaul to handle it.
    Why do you assume the commision isn't much?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 03:06 PM
    No, I did not say that.
    Her PC was a desktop, not a laptop.
    In order for the WIFI (wireless) to work, when not connected to the PC, you need to have a wireless card .... do you not? I think so. In order for a wireless device, such as a router or a mifi to connect "wirelessly" you need to have the PC have a wireless card in there.... for it to see .... the mifi..... otherwise its not going to find a network.

That's my point.

I understand that some call centers arent informed, and I never said Boise was the best ever... I am just stating in general, if you're going to make your sale for the day, atleast give the customer full details (or atleast make them understand before they leave the store) how the device works...
    12-31-09 03:15 PM
    No, I did not say that.
    Her PC was a desktop, not a laptop.
    In order for the WIFI (wireless) to work, when not connected to the PC, you need to have a wireless card .... do you not? I think so. In order for a wireless device, such as a router or a mifi to connect "wirelessly" you need to have the PC have a wireless card in there.... for it to see .... the mifi..... otherwise its not going to find a network.

That's my point.

I understand that some call centers arent informed, and I never said Boise was the best ever... I am just stating in general, if you're going to make your sale for the day, atleast give the customer full details (or atleast make them understand before they leave the store) how the device works...
    Some people are dense and don't know anything about the equipment they spend thousands of dollars on.

12-31-09 03:33 PM
    Some people are dense and don't know anything about the equipment they spend thousands of dollars on.

True, but this can be said about you buying a car. Do you know all there is to know about a car?

The sales rep should have given the customer correct information and made sure that the customer wouldn't have had any problems. If the sales rep did, then it's the customer's own assuming fault/ignorance.
    12-31-09 03:48 PM
    Customers never lie right? The rep is automatically the one in the wrong right? This argument is ridiculous.
    12-31-09 03:54 PM
    I'm also a customer of at&t. Used an iPhone for a year. Horrible drop call performance. And I tried 3 different iPhone samples total. Switched to a 9000, dropped calls no longer a problem.

What changed? My usage habits? No. My driving route? No. The network? The improvement was immediate so doubtful. The phone changed and I had a better experience. I'm only one example so can't draw conclusions. I know 9000 on at&t 3G was good (compared to iPhone on same). Does the fact that at&t has two networks (GSM and WCDMA) cause more problems? Probably. So not saying they don't have issues.

In some markets (NY, SFO) at&t admits problems as you point out. Imagine how bad it must be when the phone AND the network suck! And in two markets that get a lot of media attention no less. Ouch!

Not having backhaul to support iPhone? That I can believe, system wide. It is such a capable mobile device with all those apps, users now have a reason to need lots of data. Think how much data was being used pre-iPhone vs post iPhone. Huge difference. Text based messages, and *truncated* emails on BB? Not so much.

I would love to test out V's backhaul. Maybe if the Android phones start selling well... Just don't think the hardware is there yet. Apple is passionate about industrial design. The other guys (run by accountants) just farm out the design to their Asian OEMs like HTC <choke>.

Just my 2 cents but I think AT&T damaged the iPhones reputation. Just saying. After reading all the reports how they blame iPhone users and stop selling the phone in certain cities, makes me believe they are pointing the blame, when actually they do not have the network to support all these users.
    01-01-10 12:11 PM
    You know, people like you kill me. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I was on the phone with a rep and they said just come in to the store to do this, or that", I'd be pretty damn rich. Another favorite of mine is a rep calling the store on a witch hunt for the rep that may have done something incorrectly, instead of just helping the customer.

Store reps aren't perfect, and you better believe there is always two sides two a story, and phone reps sure as **** aren't perfect either.
    Sort of like when we get the "Yeah, I'm in the store right now -- I just wanna get my phone activated." or "Yeah, I'm in the store right now, can we go over my bill?" "Yeah, I'm in the store right now and i have overages on my bill and store put me on the phone with you so you could credit it" For some reason it's never, "Yeah, I'm in the store right now-- I just want to upgrade."
    01-01-10 12:57 PM
    Sort of like when we get the "Yeah, I'm in the store right now -- I just wanna get my phone activated." or "Yeah, I'm in the store right now, can we go over my bill?" "Yeah, I'm in the store right now and i have overages on my bill and store put me on the phone with you so you could credit it" For some reason it's never, "Yeah, I'm in the store right now-- I just want to upgrade."
    Life's tough, isn't it?
    01-01-10 06:31 PM
    I have no complaints about VZW's store reps. I'm not even a VZW customer. I needed headphones for my BB and stopped in the VZW store, since the AT&T store in the same shopping center did not have any headphones in stock.

I mentioned to the VZW rep that I was not a VZW customer but needed headphones. He was courteous, showed me what they had, explained which ones he thought were best, and sold me the headphones without even trying to get me to switch to VZW.
    01-01-10 07:00 PM
    Life's tough, isn't it?
    It really is.
    01-02-10 10:51 AM
    waaa...
    I'm gonna cry about it.
    01-02-10 11:42 AM
    You should vent complaints with your coworkers on your break, i'm sure customers love reading reps arguing back and forth about who does a better job.
    01-02-10 12:47 PM
    You should vent complaints with your coworkers on your break, i'm sure customers love reading reps arguing back and forth about who does a better job.
    Could not agree more. Airing ones dirty laundry in on open forum, will accomplish nothing. just one opinion
    01-02-10 12:54 PM
    waaa...
    I'm gonna cry about it.
    I cry a little bit inside everyday.

01-02-10 04:27 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD