01-02-10 05:27 PM
42 12
tools
    I work for VZW but in a call center, tech support. I have a few questions why store reps believe its okay to sell a device and not give proper information. Sure a customer has that chance of not listening when signing a contract, but there are times where store reps just don't listen.

I had a customer earlier on the line complained that the store rep said "I can just connect my mifi wirelessly and everything will work!"

The mifi would work tethered up but soon as it was unplugged, the device would not work or could be found. I verified with the customer if she had a wireless card built in the PC, and she told me no, and the store rep told her it'll just work out of the box.

Seriously though? not to dog on store reps, cause you guys take as much crap as we do on the phones, but really.. is commission really that important to just sell a device that may not help the customer just to get your bonus check at the end of the 2 weeks?
    12-28-09 07:40 PM
    As a store rep, i can tell you this:

Every rep is different, some people dont ask all the required questions, some ask too many

Some reps are only in it for the money, some reps make such small commission checks; you wonder how they support themselves

Some reps care too much, some reps care too little.

The truth is somewhere in between. I have worked call center, and store, and honestly, its the same story in every company i worked for

"This person promised me xyz, and now im not getting it." The ccr gets frustrated and starts cussing store reps to high heaven because this is the 4th or 5th time they have taken this call and are fed up with it

or

"Customer service just told me you would do it, because I dont want to wait for xyz'

And then the store rep gets angry because its the 4th or 5th time they have taken a customer like this and they are fed up.

Mistakes happen, and some people dont get the information they should, and sometimes customers are so excited, they dont listen to you, and they may even forget things. But dont think for one second that everyone who works for the company is some shark in the water who cant wait to sell every person in the world everything for a high priced commission.

Trust me, the commision on one line is not as much as you think, and it is never worth losing your job over
    12-28-09 07:58 PM
    I've heard that Corporate is putting together a training program for store reps. Last I heard, this would not be as detailed as what customer care gets. I think it would go a long way towards standardizing the customer experience in direct stores.
    12-28-09 08:08 PM
    I've heard that Corporate is putting together a training program for store reps. Last I heard, this would not be as detailed as what customer care gets. I think it would go a long way towards standardizing the customer experience in direct stores.
    what exactly are you talking about?

Im not trying to come off as a j!rk, but i am legitimately confused with what you are trying to say here.

Store reps go through training as well, so Im trying to figure out what you are saying
    12-28-09 08:11 PM
    Sorry if I came across as insulting. We're outsource, so things may be a bit behind the curve as far as news goes. One of the trainers at my call center just did a couple weeks of training at corporate, he mentioned that "a" store rep training program was in the works. While I assumed there was some sort of training program, I got the impression from that conversation that the training wasn't very in-depth.

If I offended you or any other store rep who may read this, I do apologize.
    12-28-09 08:25 PM
    Sorry if I came across as insulting. We're outsource, so things may be a bit behind the curve as far as news goes. One of the trainers at my call center just did a couple weeks of training at corporate, he mentioned that "a" store rep training program was in the works. While I assumed there was some sort of training program, I got the impression from that conversation that the training wasn't very in-depth.

If I offended you or any other store rep who may read this, I do apologize.
    We always get trainings, most are voluntary, and they usually have to do with the sales side of things. so it is possible that there is a new training.

Just didnt understand the whole "not as in depth as customer service" part

I wasnt offended, I cant be easily,I think britney spears is hot after all.
    12-28-09 08:40 PM
    I work for VZW but in a call center, tech support. I have a few questions why store reps believe its okay to sell a device and not give proper information. Sure a customer has that chance of not listening when signing a contract, but there are times where store reps just don't listen.

You know, people like you kill me. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I was on the phone with a rep and they said just come in to the store to do this, or that", I'd be pretty damn rich. Another favorite of mine is a rep calling the store on a witch hunt for the rep that may have done something incorrectly, instead of just helping the customer.

Store reps aren't perfect, and you better believe there is always two sides two a story, and phone reps sure as **** aren't perfect either.
    12-28-09 10:52 PM
    A Boise rep complaining about another rep... How ironic...
    12-28-09 10:58 PM
    This is hardly the place for this topic. That's what a VZW rep told me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bluerskyes; 12-28-09 at 11:53 PM.
    12-28-09 11:51 PM

Every rep is different, some people dont ask all the required questions, some ask too many

Some reps are only in it for the money, some reps make such small commission checks; you wonder how they support themselves

The truth is somewhere in between. I have worked call center, and store, and honestly, its the same story in every company i worked for

"This person promised me xyz, and now im not getting it." The ccr gets frustrated and starts cussing store reps to high heaven because this is the 4th or 5th time they have taken this call and are fed up with it

or

"Customer service just told me you would do it, because I dont want to wait for xyz'

And then the store rep gets angry because its the 4th or 5th time they have taken a customer like this and they are fed up.

Mistakes happen, and some people dont get the information they should, and sometimes customers are so excited, they dont listen to you, and they may even forget things. But dont think for one second that everyone who works for the company is some shark in the water who cant wait to sell every person in the world everything for a high priced commission.

Trust me, the commision on one line is not as much as you think, and it is never worth losing your job over
    Speaking as a rep as well, this is totally true! I relate, big time.
    12-29-09 12:10 AM
    Speaking as a rep as well, this is totally true! I relate, big time.
    Your a rep of VZW?
    12-29-09 12:22 AM
    A Boise rep complaining about another rep... How ironic...
    Yeah pretty bad considering that our team has a daily discussion of the useless outsourced tech and care reps.. one guy called in for help because this blackberry wouldn't receive service books or email.. this is their supposed tier 3. Wrong effing feature on the account - needed personal provisioning.

I also can't stand it when Boise reps will promise a customer a different phone and cold transfer so they can order it. Or how they break policy and send out an ineligible multifru under the wfg/doa code so the supervisor will approve it. Not everyone of them are like that and I think most Boise reps mean well and they are always nice.

My point? Every Rep in every department has a few dumbas$es that don't follow policy and don't fully disclose wtf they are doing. So no need to knock store reps when we all have our own problems.

12-29-09 12:28 AM
    Your a rep of VZW?
    Nope. I have both carriers.
    12-29-09 12:41 AM
    You know, people like you kill me. If I had a dollar for every time I heard "I was on the phone with a rep and they said just come in to the store to do this, or that", I'd be pretty damn rich. Another favorite of mine is a rep calling the store on a witch hunt for the rep that may have done something incorrectly, instead of just helping the customer.

Store reps aren't perfect, and you better believe there is always two sides two a story, and phone reps sure as **** aren't perfect either.

Hey, I don't call stores nor do I witch hunt. . but thanks for thinking I do. I helped the customer, but she didn't want to listen that her mifi was not going to work with out a wireless CARD in her PC. She didn't believe me because a store rep told her it would work without needing anything else. I just think it's quite annoying.

Also, I never said store reps are perfect. There are plenty of customer svc and technical support reps I'd like to wonder what they're thinking half the time when they do crap on someone's account, or tell a customer we're going to do something when they know it's not possible after the transfer.
    12-29-09 04:24 AM
    Hey, I don't call stores nor do I witch hunt. . but thanks for thinking I do.
    And I don't do any of the things you are complaining about. I'm not going to start a post complaining about how phone reps handle themselves.
    12-29-09 07:17 AM
    Yeah pretty bad considering that our team has a daily discussion of the useless outsourced tech and care reps..
    How long has there been an outsourced group of csr's and techs? Are they located in multiple sites in the US or one specific area.
    12-29-09 07:19 AM
    Hi, I'm a useless outsource customer care rep. I'm in the midwest. There are several call centers for outsource, just in our company alone, across the nation.
    12-29-09 09:09 AM
    Can we get the reps to get along with each other? Don't make we start swing my mod stick!
    12-29-09 11:00 AM
    How long has there been an outsourced group of csr's and techs? Are they located in multiple sites in the US or one specific area.
    Not sure how long but the main ones we deal with are in Alabama, Georgia, Idaho, etc.. outsourced companies are Sitel, WDS, Ryla, etc..

Boise, ID is notorious for being clueless. Not saying anyone here is clueless and stupid. Most here are actually smart enough to use their resources and own the customers' problem. Boise reps will even admit that the hiring standards are terrible.

12-29-09 04:31 PM
    Hi, I'm a useless outsource customer care rep. I'm in the midwest. There are several call centers for outsource, just in our company alone, across the nation.
    Not referring to anyone in specific. Just stating the trends that I see from transfers into internal support.

12-29-09 04:32 PM
    I know that most of our ranting isnt focused tward anyone "specific"
    *cough* bullcrap
    but yes, TS is right. genereally Boise will bash on their own. I'm guilty of it myself.
    I dont generally have an issue with internal reps and they are very helpful the off change I need a change made in the switch because as outsource we dont have rights to make changes. Nice thing is that I can LOOK and SEE what the issue in the switch is... and internal generally appriciates it.
    One day I'm sure someone in an upper management position will hang out on crackberry long enough to realize what needs to be done and do it.
    For now though... I just do my job the best I can because our discontent should not be filtered to customers.
    12-31-09 09:04 AM
    And all of this is the responsibility of? VZW.

The customer is stuck in the middle while one "team" tosses the ignorant customer back and forth. I pity the ignorant who have to rely on "support".

The commission may not be much, but it would be funny to videotape the body language of a sales person during a "sale" vs when a customer comes in asking questions "post-sale". Hilarious I tell you.

Not blaming the sales reps, again this is the eco system vzw has set up and the fish are responding to the environment. The sales people are focusing on the activity that is rewarded. No surprise.

Obviously good customer experience isn't putting food on the table so guess what, a customer only gets a good experience to the extent the sales rep is willing to "sacrifice" income to provide it. This is upside down. Unless your customer base is beholden to you and vzw considers them lucky that they were allowed to be customers. Given the damage iPhone has caused at&t's reputation, this might be the case. Come on Apple bring the iPhone to V. Let's see if historically cheap red really has the backhaul to handle it.

or

12-31-09 09:39 AM
    Given the damage iPhone has caused at&t's reputation, this might be the case.
    Just my 2 cents but I think AT&T damaged the iPhones reputation. Just saying. After reading all the reports how they blame iPhone users and stop selling the phone in certain cities, makes me believe they are pointing the blame, when actually they do not have the network to support all these users.
    12-31-09 10:52 AM
    I may have missed it, but back to the OP's comment, I'm wondering if the customer brought her laptop into the store with her. If she did not it is only safe to believe that her laptop had a built in wireless card seeing that most have these in them, and have had them for years now.

So yes full disclosure is always needed, however there are many many times that a customer will come into the store and say, "I need that mifi thing," and not have any real information about their own computer. I ask questions like does computer have a memory card reader? and the answers I get are generally, Umm I don't know, is that typical?

So if the customer did not bring in her laptop it could leave a whole lot of things up in the air as to what exactly she needed to make this device work.
    12-31-09 11:28 AM

I had a customer earlier on the line complained that the store rep said "I can just connect my mifi wirelessly and everything will work!"

The mifi would work tethered up but soon as it was unplugged, the device would not work or could be found. I verified with the customer if she had a wireless card built in the PC, and she told me no, and the store rep told her it'll just work out of the box.

Seriously though? not to dog on store reps, cause you guys take as much crap as we do on the phones, but really.. is commission really that important to just sell a device that may not help the customer just to get your bonus check at the end of the 2 weeks?

Wait.....are you trying to say that you need an embedded PC card for a MIFI to work? Are you kidding me? It connects via WIFI. haha, joke.
    12-31-09 02:14 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD