01-04-09 03:32 PM
38 12
tools
    Ohhh. I thought people had the whole thing turned off. So it just gave your personal greeting and a beep. How simple would that be ?????? Come on verizon !!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think that is what most of us are trying to accomplish. I would love to have that instead of the enhanced bs that is on there now.
    12-25-08 01:23 PM
    Hey all, the OP way worked for me too, and i am in RI, so it might actually be a regional thing if its not working for all but for some? Fiund this site hope it helps with the menu names.

Eat More Air Attention Verizon Wireless Customers (Callback Number)
    12-26-08 12:05 AM
    Some of you who this did not work for can still use the trick I used. When you record your personal greeting just say. "Hi this is so and so, please press star to leave a message."
    That is so tacky, why can't Verizon just remove this bs feature?
    Most everybody says please leave a message anyway only to be reiterated by a frigging machine.

12-26-08 03:46 AM
    Yes, that's a good tip and i re recorded my voice mail message to include the press star bit. It helps with some callers ans confuses some...lol

12-26-08 05:19 AM
    I get so anoid with people calling me and saying hey it me, call me back when you get this.... It takes me longer to listen to the message than it takes to hit the send key, if you have a cell phone you have caller I'd so I no you called dumbass.. So I just turned it off, the good part is you phone ring about twice as long, the bad part is I don't answer numbers I don't know.... So I could miss someone imprtant, but I guess if they where important I would have talked to them when I had voice mail, anyway this is just a trial for me to see if I like it, havaing you phone ring so long it almost justifys you ringback tone, you can hear almost a whole song ( that was an exaderation so don't say the songs are only xxxxx minutes long ) I no it was a joke

12-26-08 05:39 AM
    There is a petition at the link posted above. Sign it and show your dislike for this to Verizon.
    12-27-08 05:37 PM
    Worked for me

12-27-08 05:55 PM
    This has been deemed as location variant, meaning that it works in some locations, not all.
    12-27-08 06:36 PM
    worked great Great info!
    12-29-08 09:06 AM
    YouMail is a very good alternative to your 'stock' voicemail. Just something you may want to look into ;-)

12-29-08 08:40 PM
    Anyone figure this out for Illinois ????

01-02-09 02:16 AM
    If it doesn't work as posted above, it probably never will. It is based on location it appears.
    01-02-09 06:21 PM
    Works in SC, thanks for the tip

01-04-09 03:32 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD