so my bb 8830 was stolen a few weeks ago. when i bought this pda with my new every two discount i opted out of the insurance on the phone. so i go back to verizon to see if i can buy a refubished 8830 or used one. apparently they justt revised this program so the only option i have to use the 8830 from this point forward is to pay the full retail price. RIDICULOUS. just wondering if anyone had any other ideas of how i could get my hands on a used or refurbished 8830.
    10-25-07 03:40 PM
    Check the buy/sell/trade forums or Craigslist
    10-25-07 03:47 PM
    The chances are less then 1% that you'll get it back. Make sure that VZW blacklists your ESN so it can't be activated again. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but I don't sugar coat things. Sorry.
    10-25-07 05:07 PM
    That is unfortunate to hear. You should check our market place as well as ebay if you want to buy a used/refrub device.
    10-25-07 08:44 PM
    Bernie:
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I have purchased a couple of BB's off of E-Bay. Be very careful if you chose to go that route. More times than not, the descriptions are not accurate with respect to condition. Also, it never ceases to amaze me how people are willing to bid either at or over retail on these things!

Also keep in mind that even if you do find a good price, you will not be eligible to add the TEC to your plan becuase, you guessed it, you didn't buy the phone from VZW.

With a three year old in the house, the $5.99/month is the best investment both my wife and I have made on our cell plans. Although I think my little guy is finally convinced that BB's cannot swim in toilets!

Good luck!
    Rob
    10-26-07 05:28 PM
    Wow man that really sux I'm sorry to hear that. I have no Idea what I would do if my 8830 was lost or stolen. I would say look around online but u might have to settle for an older model for cheap. Like a used 7000 or 8000 model. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-07 06:41 PM
    They will let you do the lost/stolen program and get it at the one year price. Not sure what that is, but it will be under warranty at least from VZW.

Although I have bought several phones from Craigslist and it worked out great. I prefer craigslist because the people are local and you can see the product before you buy it.
    11-20-07 08:02 PM
    i would call and see if you could get a device at the 1 year price and if not i would go to Ebay and poke around .

make sure when bidding on the item it shows the ESN number on it then just log on to your my account and se if the ESN is any good or call *611 on your verizon wireless phone and ask a customer service rep to type the esn in and check if it on the lost or stolen list

oh and sorry to hear about ur stolen BB that sux
    08-26-08 06:32 AM
    This is exactly why I keep the insurance, you just never know. I hope you find one at a good price. You can ask about an employee discount. That's what I did when I bought my 8830, brought the price down to $225. I told them I worked with bank of america (used to, just not anymore) and they gave me the promo price. Try that out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD