OK honestly i'm not a heavy bb user. i just got my curve 8330 from verizon a month ago and the only thing i use it for is aim, facebook, e-mail, and bbm. i hardly use the browser or maps or bluetooth, whatever.

but for the last 3 days this stupid phone has been going gaga on me. the battery drains from 100% to empty in about 3 hours or so (without ANY use! practically just sitting in my bag while i'm in class with all applications off) and when i TRY to use it the hourglass flashes every 2 seconds! even when i'm just scrolling through my icons!

i've tried deleting useless apps and pictures and such, (file free 40125228 bytes) is that still too little?

i'm running the OS 4.3 and skeptical about switching to 4.5 because i'm afraid verizon won't replace it (or whatever that stupid extra 5.99 a month for asurion is) if i mess it up. i got a replacement phone from asurion when my old phone went bonkers and i still had to pay $50 and it was a defect- the battery door didn't even fit correctly and kept sliding off. if this were to happen would verizon/asurion still replace it???

any ideas? i'm an extremely impatient person and am willing to get rid of this curve for a regular phone
    09-29-08 03:51 PM
    Delete the facebook app. There seems to be a lot of issues with that app lately. You should be able to later reinstall the newest version.
    09-29-08 04:00 PM
    i do have the newest version....just downloaded it like 2 weeks ago or something. is tehre ANOTHER one????
    09-29-08 04:09 PM
    take face book out.. it has too many issues.!
    09-29-08 04:11 PM
    If Facebook isn't running how is that draining the battery?
    09-29-08 04:20 PM
    If Facebook isn't running how is that draining the battery?
    It's a bug.
    09-29-08 05:11 PM
    I run Facebook on my 8330 and don't have issues like that. I am at 90% battery after unplugging at 7am this morning. I run Viigo and AIM in the background 24/7. I am on 4.5.0.77 though so maybe that is the difference. However, I still didn't have the **** poor battery life you describe. I do get a small memory leak but nothing major. I stay at anywhere between 37-47 free depending on the last time I soft reset (maybe once a week).
    09-29-08 08:42 PM
    I also use facebook all the time and never ever have any issues. The only thing Ive noticed is that battery doesnt last long but its my own fault I just leave apps running.
    09-29-08 09:38 PM
    I use FB all day everyday. I answer a lot of emails and I surf CB when I need to (since I cannot access the internet at work...this is why I got Mannat!).

I charge the phone over night and when I go to bed at night I'm still at 90-80 power.

I would take the phone back. Could be a defect or a battery issue.
    09-29-08 09:47 PM
    I never use the facebook app on my BB. When I need to log into facebook I do it via Opera Mini. Make sure you close all unused apps. If the battery still does not last I think you should get the device replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 09:52 PM
    when i TRY to use it the hourglass flashes every 2 seconds! even when i'm just scrolling through my icons!
    There's your problem right there. You went to a site with the browser that had a complex java script on it and the browser never finished processing the request. The CPU is basically at 100% utilization, no wonder it's killing your battery.

Pull the battery when this happens!!! It's the only way to clear it up. You must reboot the phone fully to fix it. Two consecutive ALT+(R)Shift+Del also works.
    09-29-08 11:41 PM
    i did like 3 battery pulls and nothing. so i deleted the facebook app and it seemed to clear the issue up! thanks... it must've been java/facebook issue. although, everybody else's bb seems to have much longer battery life. without heavy use mine lasts a full day. long chats on bbm+aim and some browsing kills it much much faster hardly a full day maybe half... kinda lazy to order another one tho/talk to a vwz rep, they're nice but kind of pushy

any idea if i can download the facebook app and get it to work properly again? i'm not enjoying getting e-mails/texts every time somebody comments on my wall or photo...
    09-30-08 11:02 AM
    i did like 3 battery pulls and nothing. so i deleted the facebook app and it seemed to clear the issue up! thanks... it must've been java/facebook issue. although, everybody else's bb seems to have much longer battery life. without heavy use mine lasts a full day. long chats on bbm+aim and some browsing kills it much much faster hardly a full day maybe half... kinda lazy to order another one tho/talk to a vwz rep, they're nice but kind of pushy

any idea if i can download the facebook app and get it to work properly again? i'm not enjoying getting e-mails/texts every time somebody comments on my wall or photo...
    Just reinstall it again. If happens you know how to fix it now. It happened to me a bit ago. Haven't had the issue since.
    09-30-08 11:34 AM
    Running facebook app on new curve for over a month- no issues what so ever.
    09-30-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD