I usually am pretty complimentary about Verizon, but today I'm about to switch. I ordered a BB Storm last January, and decided it was too bulky for my small hands, and exchanged it for a BB Curve (which I love!) As part of the purchase of the Storm, I bought those sticky screen protectors. When I called Vz to exchange the phone, I pointedly asked the Rep what screen protector I could use for my new Curve. He said to just keep the ones i'd purchased for the Storm and cut them down to size, and they'd be fine.

Ooops. i decided to use it recently, and put it on my BB Curve. Today, when removing it to apply a fresh protector, guess what? The gray/silver part of the front of my screen that says "Blackberry" came off with the protector. Called Vz, and while they sympathized, said it's not their fault... and the phone can't be exchanged because of this error (on the part of their staff.) I'm extremely disappointed in them that they did not stand up and take responsibility for advising me to use something that damaged my phone. It looks like h$ll now. Had it 6 months and it looks like I've had it for years.

I can't say that I'll stay with them. I did tell the rep that it's the little things like these that drive customers away.. the little indignities and inflexibility that kill brand loyalty. Now the screen is ruined. She could have offered to have them replace the screen.. but instead said nicely.. "sorry!"

This is also a warning about putting screen protectors on your BB Curves and such, make sure that not even a fraction of an inch touches the painted surface of the screen. Sheesh. I plan to twitter and blog and make some noise over this, as I think they are in the wrong here. One unhappy customer does much more damage than a happy customer does good.
    07-30-09 02:04 PM
    So you messed up your own phone by placing a sticky screen protector (designed for the screen) over the painted case parts (for which it wasn't designed) and the damage is somehow Verizon's fault?

Not sure I follow that logic.
    07-30-09 04:19 PM
    So you messed up your own phone by placing a sticky screen protector (designed for the screen) over the painted case parts (for which it wasn't designed) and the damage is somehow Verizon's fault?

Not sure I follow that logic.
    Me either. This is a good time to remind people that static protectors are best and leave the stickies for high school notebook binders. Best thing I ever ordered from Seidio is their screenies.

Warranties do not cover things you stick on. maybe you should ask next time not if you can do it, but if you should do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 05:25 PM
    Apparently you didn't cut it down to size enough

07-30-09 07:46 PM
    It is a screen protector. It said nothing about being a logo protector!

07-30-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD