Okay I have a Curve 8530 with a Verizon plan. From previous posts of mine, some of you may know that I have been having issues with this phone and it's my second 8530 in 8 months. I called Verizon and they did tell me they will replace it with another 8530. I really love the look and size of the 8530 but am not interested in trying a 3rd. I want to move on and get a Bold.

If I buy a Bold from Verizon it would have to be full retail price which is $509. Should I and can I buy a bold from a different source and have Verizon update their records to reflect the fact that I will now be using a Bold?

Any tips on buying a phone from a different source? For example, just looking through E-Bay quickly I can buy a new Bold for almost half the price of Verizon.

What would you do?
    09-02-10 12:01 PM
    Check the for sale section here and your local Craigslist. Just make sure that the ESN is clear and ready to be activated. No need to spend retail on that phone.
    09-02-10 01:00 PM
    The Bold 9650 is a MUCH better phone. You can usually find them on here for 250-350, plus you MAY be able to offer the person your 8530 in trade. You can not start your own thread here as you do not have enough posts, BUT you can participate in existing threads, offering trades, or trying to buy devices that are listed. And as HF mentioned Craigslist is another good option as is Ebay, BUT in all cases it's a good idea to get the imei/esn number and check it with verizon to make sure it's clean (which means it was not reported lost or stolen and is not connected to a delinquent account)
    09-02-10 01:33 PM
    Rich, this is a double post. The other is in 9650 forum
    09-02-10 01:34 PM
    Get it cheaper. You'll be able to switch it with no problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 01:35 PM
    Great! Thank you guys so much!
    09-02-10 01:35 PM
    Lets stick with just 1 thread please! I'm closing this one!!!!

Go to this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/st...t-bold-523740/
    09-02-10 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD