i bought a lg phone through alltell about a year and half ago. I oppted for a one year contract. Latter after verizon took over i gave this phone to my wife and i got a 8330 through verizon with 2 year contract and put the two on a family plan. Well i went to upgrade my wifes phone and verizon told me i couldnt, because when i bought the curve on a two year contract it automaticlly bumped my one year to a two year on the lg as well. I didnt signe anything, or was i told.
    Last edited by rgray331975; 01-25-10 at 01:35 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-25-10 01:34 AM
    I'm no expert on vzw plans, but it sounds right. Because you changed the voice plan from individual to family, you extended the term. That's how some carriers roll when you change the plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 06:42 AM
    Not for changing the plan, but for converting both lines to verizon... which how you did that with an alltel device is interesting enless then changed something
    01-25-10 07:03 AM
    This Alltel/Verizon merger is confusing to me, however, I would think that when you converted your wife's line over to Verizon, they would opt to give you an upgrade on the device (for that line) right then and there as well. It's just my thinking, but again, I am not a representative, nor am I speaking with any sort of VZW or Alltel contract authority.
    01-25-10 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD