I got a Sprint tour from the VP that he got for free from a sprint rep. I was wondering if there is a way to use it on verizon? *crosses fingers*
    08-11-09 07:33 PM
    I got a Sprint tour from the VP that he got for free from a sprint rep. I was wondering if there is a way to use it on verizon? *crosses fingers*
    No it can not be done! VZW will not add the BB EMEI to their system.
    08-11-09 07:40 PM
    It can be done but you have to send it to verizon to be inspected and reflashed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 07:44 PM
    It can be done but you have to send it to verizon to be inspected and reflashed.

And weeks later they may get it back in working condition.
    08-11-09 07:46 PM
    It does take weeks, but there is no "may" about it. The process is straight forward and beats having a phone you can't use.

08-11-09 08:30 PM
    It does take weeks, but there is no "may" about it. The process is straight forward and beats having a phone you can't use.

What would the procedure be to make this happen? The other posts on this subject have received adamant responses that this will never happen. Have you been able to do this before?
    09-02-09 06:09 AM
    Truth is... You can program the blackberry to work for Verizon... Just gotta know how.....
    09-02-09 07:22 AM
    Truth is... You can program the blackberry to work for Verizon... Just gotta know how.....
    No, its exactly what DesertDogs said.

09-02-09 08:29 AM
    agreed, activated a VZW 8830 on US Cell today, everything works.
    09-02-09 05:31 PM
    agreed, activated a VZW 8830 on US Cell today, everything works.
    That is because USCell doesn't have a policy against allowing other carriers' phones being used on their network.

It works one way, but you cannot go the other.

These are ESN registration issues - if the ESN is not registered with VZW, you're not using the phone on VZW. To get the ESN registered, you have to send it in for assessment.

09-02-09 05:44 PM
    I thought Verizon used hex numbers and not ESN? Atleast when i called to verify a verizon phone i got on craigslist they said for me to give them the hex number on the phone.
    09-02-09 08:51 PM
    ESNs (Electronic Serial Number) & MEIDs (Mobile Equipment ID) are hexadecimals. IMEIs (International Mobile Equipment Identity) are only decimal format.

ESNs have been depleted & are being replaced by MEIDs. IMEI is used by GSM/UMTS phones, MEID is primarily CDMA/LTE, & ESN is late AMPS, most TDMA (pre-GSM) & CDMA.

The numbers you're verifying are hexadecimal format, or hex - and hex is easier to remember than ESN or MEID.
    09-03-09 01:18 AM
    how bout the other way around? using an unlocked verizon tour on sprint? i've searched about this, can't find an answer...maybe no one wants to do it?

i just switched to sprint for the cheaper plan, had been using an unbranded unlocked bold on t-mo, and for some reason got the palm pre with sprint. (thought it was a good idea) didn't really like it, but waited too long to exchange it. now i'm looking for a tour, and just want to know ahead of time if an 'unlocked' verizon tour would work with sprint.

thanks!
    09-09-09 11:17 PM
    You can't unlock a cdma phone

09-09-09 11:45 PM
    i have a verizon tour thats new and i'll trade you for your sprint.....please let me know as soon as possible
    10-30-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD