I pay for the unlimited internet package but I still got spanked with a huuuge bill for internet usage.

Does vzw have loopholes if you use third party apps like say using BOLT to view the web, and they charge you out your *** for this?? Anyway have this problem??
    08-25-09 06:21 PM
    How much usage are we talking here?
    Also, do you tether?
    08-25-09 06:31 PM
    Well i pay the Unlimited BB broadband, and i used 202166.01 kB
    08-25-09 06:36 PM
    IF you are not tethering, using tetherberry,or were not roaming say in mexico or canada, I would call CS and find out why you have a data bill
    08-25-09 06:40 PM
    What lastraid said

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 06:42 PM
    yea, that actually isnt that much. I use more than that using pandora probably 10 days a month. What was your bill if you dont mind my asking? This (if you are providing acurate information) just sounds like a billing error that can be reversed.
    08-25-09 06:45 PM
    This reminds me of that thing that went around the net about 0.02 dollars vs 0.02 cents. lol.
    08-25-09 07:09 PM
    If you haven't gone out of the country or been tethering, even with a pay per MB plan,thats "only" a 400 overage.......rather small in the "I got hit with a HUGE bill" post category
    08-25-09 07:20 PM
    Well depending on the person $100 could be a HUGE bill..
    I remember when they launched the nationwide plans with the $1.99 per MB deal...
    I was still on Americas choice and due to my usage had to toggle about my priceplan in a two month period.
    I didnt realize that I was being changed from being charged per min to per MB. I wasnt told this by a CSR either... ( wierd I didnt complain )

However, when I opened my bill and had $112 in data charges for playing Guitar Hero... That nearly gave me a heart attack.
    Now for some this would be small marbles... others thats HUGE...
    IMO when a customer calls me with ANY overages I'd like to investigate...
    Although the ones who dispute cents worth of overages tickle me some...
    but thats for another thread.

Now back on track... as my esteemed collegues mentioned the only VALID ways to get the data charges are roaming and using tetherberry... however; look on the web at the DETAILS because data is combined on the bill and includes KBs/SMS/MMS/IM/Apps/RT/RBTs ect. Ive seen bills where all the "data" charges came from Premium SMS... arg... I hate those!!! They can run anywhere from 9.99 to 19.99 a piece...
    Double check and make sure its actual MB usage... may be there is a diff reason for it.
    If it IS then you should have a CSR research it.
    08-25-09 08:06 PM
    Okay, the issue wasn't web browsing, VZW forgot to add my 1500 texts. I was getting hit for all my texting. I go to the VZW store and they say well this was Best Buy's mistake you have to go through them for your credit.

I go to Best Buy. They say, "well, were surprised they would say that because I was going to tell you to go to a Verizon store...wtf is up with these people. Why can't I just go to one Verizon store and get taken care of...stupid ***clowns. I say, "well call the Verizon store and explain to them my issue." They copy the service agreement and say, "we need to call corporate, here's my card, just wait and we'll call you back." WTF is up with this ****. Someone explain to me why I can't go to ONE Verizon store and get help, instead I get dicked around and told to go to Best Buy and they wanted to send me back to the Verizon store that directed me to Best Buy. Sorry for the ranting but WTF is up with that??
    08-25-09 09:49 PM
    Are you going to an actual corporate store or an authorized retailer?
    08-25-09 10:36 PM
    Call care. 1-800-922-0204

Disclaimer: this post has been made knowing I'll be called a creep and be critisized for doing what I enjoy to do...

08-25-09 11:23 PM
    The store/rep who originally forgot to add the text plan is who should take care of the credit. No store wants to get hit with a credit for a mistake someone else made.
    08-25-09 11:42 PM
    The store/rep who originally forgot to add the text plan is who should take care of the credit. No store wants to get hit with a credit for a mistake someone else made.
    what he said

if for some reason the guys at BB screwed up and are sending you a corporate store that is messed up

and if a corporate rep is sending you to bestbuy that is messed up

you should be able to remember the store you went to and got the change done at, and you can get the credit there.
    08-26-09 12:14 AM
    Skip the store, and call VZW. This is something that's a relatively simple fix, and shouldn't take more than a couple minutes. I've had it happen a couple times over the years, and it's never been an issue for them to see what happened, and fix it.
    08-26-09 12:33 AM
    What does the signed reciept say?

Pay per message or 1500 for $15? If it says pay per message and you signed it Verizon is under no obligation to give you a credit, you need to talk to Best Buy and find out if they will give you the money.

And call customer care for correct info as all I do is give rude and unhelpful information.

08-26-09 12:33 AM
    ah hem...

So glad you figured out the data charge... a shame the stores are giving you the run around... honestly I dont know why you even went to the store... easier to call Customer Service.
    08-26-09 12:44 AM
    It says 1500 for 15, ummm...what do you mean you give poor information? Do you work as a rep?

08-26-09 02:18 AM
    Again, like I said. Very simple fix. Call customer service. 9 times out of 10 you will b offered the difference in your overages from the 15 dollar package.

08-26-09 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD