I have premium text blocked. But I keep getting basic spam text.

Dear home owner, if you are struggling to make your mortgage or have a rent hardship, a modification can help, would you like to learn more about this?
    lol....

got one yesterday and one this morning, around same time....

323 area code number......
    11-13-09 08:16 AM
    Through VZW safegards online in youy online account, you can blcok SMS from a specific number, or you can also block domains if coming from there.

You can set up a nickname as well, then set to accept sms only to nickname, the draw back to that is, all the people you sms with have to know that name.
    11-13-09 08:41 AM
    Ok, they are both the same number EXCEPT the last 4 digits. I am assuming if I block these two, something else would come thru, or would these be the only two that this spam service uses?
    11-13-09 08:45 AM
    Great question, If they have 2 numbers they might have more. Also with spoof softwares out there those numbers may not be real either.
    11-13-09 08:48 AM
    It would be really nice if carriers allowed you to block a range of numbers, or an entire exchange.

NPA-NXX

instead of forcing

NPA-NXX.XXXX

They have the ability as all digital switch programming allows it within the standard AIN programming - they simply need to allow it to be done.
    11-13-09 08:55 AM
    Thx for the replies.

So what is my best option? Block those two and see what happens. If any more should I call Verizon and see what can be done...

Normally this stuff is premium messages... But this is new to me...
    11-13-09 02:41 PM
    Thx for the replies.

So what is my best option? Block those two and see what happens. If any more should I call Verizon and see what can be done...

Normally this stuff is premium messages... But this is new to me...
    That is what I would do. Keep in mind that VZW will not be able to do much more for you though. Good luck
    11-13-09 02:42 PM
    Ok, it's a California area code. but still wondering how this happened all of a sudden.....
    11-13-09 02:44 PM
    Ok, it's a California area code. but still wondering how this happened all of a sudden.....
    These clowns use number genetators and probably vtext.com to send 1000's of these
    11-13-09 02:46 PM
    this might sound stupid, but have you given out your number recently to anyone? like any company online that might do this sort of thing?
    11-13-09 02:52 PM
    These clowns use number genetators and probably vtext.com to send 1000's of these
    Errr that's what I thought.....

this might sound stupid, but have you given out your number recently to anyone? like any company online that might do this sort of thing?

Nope just general work and family.
    11-13-09 03:18 PM
    Hey yester, family will do it to you everytime
    11-13-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD