Hello All

I want to get the Curve ASAP.

I have never had a BB before or any other Smart Phone.

Can you help me out with a couple of questions?

#1 The Music Player.....all the digital music I have currently is stored on my ITunes in PC. Can I take all my songs and store them on a mem. card and use them to play on the Curve?

#2 I will use my Curve for Internet access, texting, music, pix but NOT corporate e mail. Can someone let me know the choices for plans. I am currently on the unlimited minutes plan for voice. I will do a lot of texting and pix sharing and be on internet for google maps, yahoo, etc....

#3 What size memory card(if any) comes with Curve?

TIA for answering
    05-04-08 09:03 AM
    Welcome!!

1) If they are DRM free, they will work. If not, you will need to remove the DRM - one way is to burn them to a CD, then rip them back to the PC.

2) I recommend the unlimited Blackberry plan, but I'm not familiar with Verizon's pricing.

3) No Blackberry comes with a MicroSD card. separate purchase.
    05-04-08 09:09 AM
    Honestly, an iPhone may be a better option for you if you can stand being with AT&T.

The iTunes music won't play on the Curve without removing the DRM as Chaz stated.

You'll need to tack on $29.99 for the BIS unlimited email package onto whatever you're currently paying for voice. If you've currently have the unlimited voice and messaging plan, in order to move to a similar plan for a Blackberry you'll be paying $149.99/month for that plan. When you go to VZW's site, look under Voice and Data and show ALL plans. You'll find it's separated into unlimited voice and unlimited voice/messaging (includes txt and pix unlimited as part of the plan), that's the one you want if you don't want to pay separately for txt/pix and need to bundle BB services into the plan.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 05-04-08 at 09:42 AM.
    05-04-08 09:40 AM
    Verizon has two options for you...

1. Unlimited voice, and data = $129.99

or

2. Unlimited voice, data and text = $149.99

there are also various text plans the you can add. I think there is one that is like $10.00 for 250 "anyone" and unlimited vzw to vzw text
    05-04-08 10:31 AM
    Honestly, an iPhone may be a better option for you if you can stand being with AT&T.

The iTunes music won't play on the Curve without removing the DRM as Chaz stated.

You'll need to tack on $29.99 for the BIS unlimited email package onto whatever you're currently paying for voice. If you've currently have the unlimited voice and messaging plan, in order to move to a similar plan for a Blackberry you'll be paying $149.99/month for that plan. When you go to VZW's site, look under Voice and Data and show ALL plans. You'll find it's separated into unlimited voice and unlimited voice/messaging (includes txt and pix unlimited as part of the plan), that's the one you want if you don't want to pay separately for txt/pix and need to bundle BB services into the plan.
    Thx but AT&T doesnt have the coverage that Verizon does in my area. They probably are close but I travel on the road quite a bit and need something reliable. Thx for all the help. This is a cool site.
    05-04-08 11:51 AM
    You should get the unlimited data plan. I first got my blackberry in December and did not get the unlimited data. It was fine for a month or so then I reralized how much stuff you can do with a blackberry and started going way over my data allowance. No I have unlimited and surf and chat on crackberry all day.
    05-04-08 11:59 AM
    I have verizon and am on the nationwide old plan 500 min for 50 bucks. I upgraded my secondary line with the curve and am adding the data plan for 29.99 unlimited and have two separate txt packages for each line of 250 pix unlimited txt for 5.00 so the total will be around 120 am month for both lines
    Last edited by nyjetgrl; 05-04-08 at 07:20 PM.
    05-04-08 02:10 PM
    unlimited data is the only way to go. welcome to cb!
    05-04-08 02:15 PM
    so with Verizon, text messaging is considered an extra charge and not included in their blackberry 29.99 unlimited plan?
    05-04-08 03:22 PM
    Yes, that's correct. You have to pay for text message, unlimited for $20.
    05-04-08 05:26 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    05-04-08 11:00 PM
    Yes, that's correct. You have to pay for text message, unlimited for $20.
    I didn't realize this either. . . .vz seems to charge for everything. I've been thinking of leaving them - since you can get a curve from wirefly.com for $74 with a 75 credit to Att. . . hmmm.

Thanks.
    05-05-08 02:07 AM
    I didn't realize this either. . . .vz seems to charge for everything. I've been thinking of leaving them - since you can get a curve from wirefly.com for $74 with a 75 credit to Att. . . hmmm.

Thanks.
    Be careful with wirefly.com. I've heard many horror stories about that company and their "loyalty credits/rebates." Check out planetfeedback.com and see what might be listed there.
    05-05-08 09:51 AM
    Hey Sparty,

Welcome to CB!

I would suggest getting the unlimited data plan. With all the surfing and downloading, you'll need it.

If you want to save some $$, maybe downgrading your voice plan would be an option.

You'll need to buy an SD card separately.

Putting mp3's on the curve should be no problem, but if they are from the Itunes store, you'll a couple of extra steps. You'll need to burn them onto at CD then re-rip them.
    05-05-08 11:09 AM
    Be careful with wirefly.com. I've heard many horror stories about that company and their "loyalty credits/rebates." Check out planetfeedback.com and see what might be listed there.
    Cool - will check that out.

Thanks for the heads up!
    05-05-08 11:28 PM
    Definitely get an unlimited data plan. 99.9% of standalone apps will not work including Goggle maps (standalone app).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD