Short version: 9/08 wife and I got new phones, switching to Verizon from another carrier. 7/09 my speaker in my 8330 decides it wants to sound like it's in a tin can.It was replaced in the one year warranty. 9/09 same thing, replaced under 90 day warranty. 10/09 again. This time first call I made sounded like that so the phone was bad from go. I go back and they tell me they are out of 8330's but to take this Storm and try it. I inquired about some type of consideration that I was going thru phones so frequently. Nope- got a manager with an attitude as soon as he came over. While I was frustrated, I was never rude. Well, I left with the Storm. I hate it. It eats batteries like it's its job, I drop calls all the time, and I can't type on it.(the typing I think is me, still annoying though!).

I called customer care, they told me I can have another 8330 (that would make 5 in 14 mos!), I can have another Storm, or I can retail a Tour. Now I don't feel that I'm entitled to the world, pretty much just a phone that works reliably. Tech support tells me after 3 failures, they will replace it with whatever you need to work. Great, (too good to be true?) and all the notes are in the computer.

Today I go to the store, the associate is really nice, then captain happy pants manager comes over with an attitude before we even speak. As politely as I could at this point suggested that he find someone else to help as he was rude and no help to me last week. He wanted to argue, which I really wasn't in the mood to argue and again suggested he find someone else to help and possibly get someone else to help me if he felt a manager needed to be involved as I had nothing more to say to him. He then accused me of threatening him. God as my witness I did not. I had my 4 year old daughter and due to certain circumstances in my life, I do not make threats. If something requires action so be it, but a phone would not be one of those events LOL! I asked him to tell me how I threatened him, he stammered and I told him I did not take the accusations of threats lightly and that he best be on his way to help or not help someone who needed him more than me.

As it stands now, I pretty much have the same options I had. They are not doing me a favor of letting me upgrade for retail, as my wife's phone is able to be upgraded. I have to drive 80 miles to the closest store that has an 8330 in stock and pray it either less than 90 days so I can get a new one, or 11 mos to get me to the end of my contract.

Now, I really don't feel they owe me $150 upgraded phone but there seems there should be some middle ground in this case.

Any thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks and sorry for the longest short version ever.

(wow didn't realize **** was word filter material!)
    Last edited by No EFI; 10-15-09 at 08:21 PM.
    10-15-09 08:18 PM
    You might just be *really* unlucky. I have the 8330 and its great. No problems whatsoever. Granted, I'm with Sprint but its gotta be similar hardware. Could that particular store have a defective bunch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 08:31 PM
    It definitely strikes me as odd that you went through all that time with no problem and then all of a sudden you have multiple issues. Are you subjecting the phone to an environment that you had not been in the past?
    10-15-09 08:32 PM
    No, I am very careful with my phones. I don't think I have ever dropped any of them, never in damp or humid conditions. Never exposed to extreme heat or cold. Really I was thrilled for the first 10 mos or so and nothing changed as far as my usage or treatment. Heck, one phone was junk on the first call I made with it!
    10-15-09 08:58 PM
    The Tour is actually on the Multi-Fru matrix and you should have never been given the Storm. How does a Storm begin to resemble a physical keyboard device? Stupid store manager.

Do not go back into the store. Just call tech support and explain your situation again and ask them send you a Tour. I don't think you will have an issue.

Again, you should have never been offered a Storm.
    10-15-09 09:06 PM
    I think if I was told that from a Manager I would cuss his life out and just walk out. I don't care if my kid was with me in my opinion (just how I think sometimes). When the purpose of the manager is supposed to help you out, there is no excuse for him to have a attitude with you, you are the customer and in business the "customer is always right" and if that is not applied then you will lose some major business. That manager is just a ******* a total *******. I wish Verizon had the Bold, I have one and never had any issues, first one. I know lots of people with Bold's and it is a very reliable phone but it is GSM of course and it is on AT&T. I would try the Tour or wait for the Storm2 coming out really soon and see how the storm2 is. Tour is okay too.

But BOLD> Tour or Storm or 8330

Just my 2 cents.

Also Bold2 (onyx) coming out really soon like NOV too.
    10-15-09 10:14 PM
    "The customer is always right" is a myth, an old wives tale

10-15-09 10:39 PM
    Customer service was no help and just repeated the above, so I spoke to his manager. This guy gave me the option of a Tour for $50 off or a refurb Tour for nothing and no contract extension. I chose the refurb so hopefully this works out. But I pray to God I never have to deal with the store manager again! That man should be locked away from people in a little room, on a computer where no one would come in contact with that abrasive dickwad.
    10-16-09 10:44 AM
    Customer service was no help and just repeated the above, so I spoke to his manager. This guy gave me the option of a Tour for $50 off or a refurb Tour for nothing and no contract extension. I chose the refurb so hopefully this works out. But I pray to God I never have to deal with the store manager again! That man should be locked away from people in a little room, on a computer where no one would come in contact with that abrasive dickwad.
    I would rather have a refurb Tour anyway...
    10-16-09 12:46 PM
    "The customer is always right" is a myth, an old wives tale
    Exactly - an ignorant fallacy perpetuated by Hollywood & other Leftist haters of commerce.

If the customer was always right, business could not survive.
    10-16-09 01:03 PM
    What I was trying to say is how are you a store manager when you are supposed to be doing your job but you are bothering/ and making the problem WORSE with the customer. WHO WANTS TO PURCHASE SERVICES/ PRODUCTS FROM ANYONE THAT ACTS LIKE A ******* TO THEM.

At least I don't
    10-16-09 01:46 PM
    What I was trying to say is how are you a store manager when you are supposed to be doing your job but you are bothering/ and making the problem WORSE with the customer. WHO WANTS TO PURCHASE SERVICES/ PRODUCTS FROM ANYONE THAT ACTS LIKE A ******* TO THEM.

At least I don't
    What you were trying to say is that you would cuss him out run out of the store crying and then pout in the car while you call *611.

Want to affect the manager? Don't go to the store. Tell your friends not to go to the store.

Also, contrary to popular belief the customer is not ALWAYS right. I do agree though that the manager is being a major *******, but what is cussing him out and acting like a child in front of your child going to prove?
    10-16-09 05:43 PM
    I may have used a curse word, but really did not blow up on the store manager. I think I called the phone a POS, but other than telling him he was no help and I wanted nothing to do with him, I did not make it a personal attack. Not sure if the above post was directed at me, I think it was with the child reference.
    10-18-09 08:13 PM

At least I don't
    You were right with that one, the solution to your problem is www.verizonwirelesssurvey.com

10-19-09 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD