I don't have a Blackberry, but I want one in the worst way now...thanks to this forum. I have a total of 3 lines that are eligible for upgrade in May. OK...here is where I need y'all to follow my train of thought...as it might be a bumpy ride...

I was thinking about adding a 4th line, get the two new phones with this current BOGO offer, port my current number to the new Blackberry line and port my daughter's # to the other Blackberry which will still be her original line (i'm assuming it will have a new 2yr contract?), put both of our replaced phones in the trash compactor (yes, I have one of those), then when the new blackberry finally comes out (I was told by a rep here in Panama City a new Curve will be available in a few months), I will still have 2 lines that are eligible for upgrade (the line i ported my number from and that 3rd line, not my daughters line), so I can upgrade one of those two lines to the new Curve. The only problem is I would have to pay monthly for 4 lines, one of which I probably wont use.

IS my logic faulty?
    02-06-09 06:40 PM
    I don't have a Blackberry, but I want one in the worst way now...thanks to this forum. I have a total of 3 lines that are eligible for upgrade in May. OK...here is where I need y'all to follow my train of thought...as it might be a bumpy ride...

I was thinking about adding a 4th line, get the two new phones with this current BOGO offer, port my current number to the new Blackberry line and port my daughter's # to the other Blackberry which will still be her original line (i'm assuming it will have a new 2yr contract?), put both of our replaced phones in the trash compactor (yes, I have one of those), then when the new blackberry finally comes out (I was told by a rep here in Panama City a new Curve will be available in a few months), I will still have 2 lines that are eligible for upgrade (the line i ported my number from and that 3rd line, not my daughters line), so I can upgrade one of those two lines to the new Curve. The only problem is I would have to pay monthly for 4 lines, one of which I probably wont use.

IS my logic faulty?
    yes

you said you have 3 lines eligible for an upgrade in may. that being said, even if you add a 4th line, you wont be able to take advantage of the bogo because one of the existing lines isnt eligble for its 2 yr renewal
    02-06-09 08:10 PM
    Hi, here on verizon you can upgrade early at full price but if you buy a 4th phone and replace one of the other phones with the free one, I dont know how they would figure that. I think with that offer sounds fair to me and you should be back to 3 lines in May. When you can drop one of your eligible lines. Then upgrade the third line to the curve when available
    sounds like a good plan to me......I would call them and find out though it probably depends on who you get and how they put it in...Good luck, lets us know what happens!
    02-06-09 08:49 PM
    Hi, here on verizon you can upgrade early at full price but if you buy a 4th phone and replace one of the other phones with the free one, I dont know how they would figure that. I think with that offer sounds fair to me and you should be back to 3 lines in May. When you can drop one of your eligible lines. Then upgrade the third line to the curve when available
    sounds like a good plan to me......I would call them and find out though it probably depends on who you get and how they put it in...Good luck, lets us know what happens!
    he cant get a free one. none of the 3 are eligible for renewal until may
    02-06-09 08:50 PM
    better option, get a used bb, to use for now to tide you over till May or later (VZW often delays things) when you can get the 9030 (Bold) or 8930 (Curve II) when they release it. You can get an 8703 REAL cheap (probably less than 50 dollars), Pearl for 75-150, Curve for 150-200.
    02-06-09 09:22 PM
    Hi, long time lurker here :-)

I've finally decided to pull the trigger and get a BB, and have a question regarding plans.

From what I've gathered, I will have the following plan for a Storm with personal email: 450mins ($40) + BIS ($29.99) + Txt ($5)

Does this make sense, or am I missing something? What exactly does BIS cover? I'm afraid the VZW rep will try to upsell me to something I don't need.
    02-07-09 10:52 AM
    u got it right! BIS covers push email for up to 10 email accounts and unlimited internet data from the device (no tethering). The $5 text plan only covers 250 msgs just incase u didn't know...

The vzw text apps (aim/yahoo/msn) use texting so just be mindful with that. The BB aim/yahoo/MSN apps individually use data, not texting so if u happen to be a texter using IM apps, that can help as well to keep ur #s below 250
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-07-09 at 11:06 AM.
    02-07-09 11:03 AM
    I would suggest just going on Ebay and looking for a NIB device for a really good price. None of your lines are eligable for an upgrade so i dont think it will work. You could contact verizon and see if they are willing to do the upgrade early for you.
    02-07-09 11:04 AM
    u got it right! BIS covers push email for up to 10 email accounts and unlimited internet data from the device (no tethering). The $5 text plan only covers 250 msgs just incase u didn't know...

The vzw text apps (aim/yahoo/msn) use texting so just be mindful with that. The BB aim/yahoo/MSN apps individually use data, not texting so if u happen to be a texter using IM apps, that can help as well to keep ur #s below 250
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm not that big of a texter - 250 is more than enough for me, as I've been getting by with 100/mo for ages.
    02-07-09 11:08 AM
    Well...it worked! I was able to add a 4th line, switch my number over, and activate the other phone with my daughter's phone number. I am now the proud owner of a Curve. This phone is soooo cool. My daughter has locked herself up in her room. :-)
    02-09-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD