So lets see here. Ive had the following apps pushed to my phone:

1. Bing
    2. Slacker Radio
    3. NFL Mobile
    4. Facebook
    5. Backup Assit
    6. Skype

Curious to know, and im just talking about Verizon customers, what all apps you guys and gals have received?

I know friends/co workers on other providers that have had one, if not none, of these apps pushed to their phone. They've actually never received any software pushed to the phone.

Verizon "claims" this is a RIM issue. But how is that possible when I have seen it with my own eyes that BB users on other providers dont get all this software?
    05-11-10 04:06 PM
    This has been discussed, and first, they are not apps, they are links and icons to the apps.

If you don't want them, you can just hide them. I know what you're talking about though, but not much can be done about it...its easier to just hide it and forget it.
    05-11-10 04:10 PM
    Those apps are pushed by the Carrier, Verizon in your case, not RIM. You can't do anything about them other than hide them. They aren't really apps, but rather app loaders, and don't waste much memory if you don't load the actual app. Just hide them and forget them. Your contract with Verizon allows them to send them. If you delete them, Verizon will just send them again.
    05-11-10 04:10 PM
    "apps" wasnt the correct term, I do apologize. I know theyre only the links to download the "app" itself.

I mean I know that with your contract you allow your provider to push software, apps, links to install apps, whatever you wanna call it. But why is it that Verizon seems to be the only one taking advantage of this "contract flaw"? LOL.
    05-11-10 04:18 PM
    They get BIG MONEY from agreements to push those launchers to the device.

ALL carriers do it.
    05-11-10 06:09 PM
    i juz hide them,,,cuz i dun even use it at all
    05-11-10 06:34 PM
    I have a Verizon 9630 and an AT&T 9700. Both carriers push these "apps" to the phones. Not limited to Verizon.
    05-11-10 07:21 PM
    Just curious--any one know if an IT policy in BES or BESX can block the pushes? The reason I ask is because I've never had a VZW app pushed to my Curve 8530. We're on BESX.
    05-12-10 08:18 AM
    This has been discussed, and first, they are not apps, they are links and icons to the apps.

If you don't want them, you can just hide them. I know what you're talking about though, but not much can be done about it...its easier to just hide it and forget it.
    Those apps are pushed by the Carrier, Verizon in your case, not RIM. You can't do anything about them other than hide them. They aren't really apps, but rather app loaders, and don't waste much memory if you don't load the actual app. Just hide them and forget them. Your contract with Verizon allows them to send them. If you delete them, Verizon will just send them again.
    Two perfect answers

The big thing is they are allowed to do it. Like mentioned above THIS is noted on your contract
    05-12-10 08:29 AM
    You can't really delete them anyways, you have to remove the service book entries, BUT then your carrier just sends then again.
    05-12-10 10:36 AM
    Yeah, Sprint pushes them too. Not much we can do about it.
    05-12-10 11:30 AM
    So lets see here. Ive had the following apps pushed to my phone:

1. Bing
    2. Slacker Radio
    3. NFL Mobile
    4. Facebook
    5. Backup Assit
    6. Skype

Curious to know, and im just talking about Verizon customers, what all apps you guys and gals have received?

I know friends/co workers on other providers that have had one, if not none, of these apps pushed to their phone. They've actually never received any software pushed to the phone.

Verizon "claims" this is a RIM issue. But how is that possible when I have seen it with my own eyes that BB users on other providers dont get all this software?

Oh Boo hoo!
    05-12-10 12:32 PM
    I just create a folder called HIDDEN. Move all the stuff I dont use in there...then hide it! Bingo...Done, and done!
    05-12-10 12:34 PM
    I created one called crap and they go in there...
    05-12-10 12:50 PM
    I got all those installers as well as some other default programs, "calender,setup wizard,compose",etc.( that I seldom use) in a "stuff folder" which is hidden.Problem solved.
    05-18-10 10:43 AM
    i deleted them off my screen.

options
    advanced options
    service book & deleted what I know I dont use.
    05-18-10 11:15 AM
    i deleted them off my screen.

options
    advanced options
    service book & deleted what I know I dont use.

Loey when was the last time you did this? Normally doing it that way, they will come back after some time, or when performing a battery pull.
    05-18-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD